FFC International Membership?

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by Bocacrumbs, Sep 10, 2008.

1. jimsig

jimsig Active Member

Fulham USA.com Supporters Club works for me.

2. Bocacrumbs

Bocacrumbs New Member

How about just FulhamUSA.

They are calling us an International Members club anyway.

3. DCDave

DCDave Member

I think the .com is a good idea--encourages people to go to the web site. I will be signing up soon.

4. Lyle

Lyle New Member

A weekend package to a game might be something, if it doesn't already exist. Seems like a number of people fly out for a short stay in London to catch a game. That's probably the best anybody working in the States can hope without more free time available. I imagine there are Australians, Canadians, Continentals, and others in the same boat.

5. FFCinLIB

FFCinLIB New Member

Adding the .com would be a good idea, I'm with Dave on that.

Lyle, weekend package?

6. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

Right now, we have 9 people wo have paid and contacted me -- I'm sure we'll get the one person needed to make it official soon, so I am hoping to hit the 25 member mark before the start of the year. COYFUSA!

The quick straw poll looks as though the .com is the way to go, unless someone has a vociferous and persuasive complaint, that looks like what we will be.

7. BarryP

BarryP New Member

I will be signing up probably tomorrow. I'll send you the number when I have it Steve.

8. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

Woo hoo! We're official

I just received the information for our tenth member -- the Fulhamusa.com supporters club is officially official :banana: :banana:

Also, I will be camping in western PA this weekend, so if anyone signs up, you can pm Don w/ your info, or send it to me if you don't mind waiting for a response until late Sunday -- early Monday

Thanks to all who have signed up.

9. BarryP

BarryP New Member

RE: Woo hoo! We

Sent you my info Steve.

10. Lyle

Lyle New Member

Fulhamerica would work too. Includes Canadians and others.

11. BC

BC New Member

I'll be joining soon. I prefer to leave the ".com" off. I think "FulhamUSA Supporters Club" sounds much better than "FulhamUSA.com Supporters Club". The ".com" sounds tacked on for advertising to me.

Probably not persuasive enough to change the majority opinion...:)

12. nmancini04

nmancini04 New Member

Remember folks that we're all here because Mike and Tom have made it possible for us to be. And remember how out of the way they go to do nice things for Fulham fans in all over the place. In fact, I suspect from the earlier pages of this thread that perhaps this international membership wouldn't even exist without Mike's efforts.

Maybe it's advertising, but they deserve it.

13. Bocacrumbs

Bocacrumbs New Member

Mike personally helped get two tickets to a match a couple of years ago, met me in the Golden Lion, bought me and my friend a drink, introduced us to some locals (whom I still speak with) and walked us to Craven Cottage....and we never met before and only exchanged email a couple of times! Really nice guy and did that all for people he never met.

14. BC

BC New Member

Re-reading my post, it sounds a bit daft at the end (not the way I meant it to sound). Believe me, I'm not minimizing in any way the hard work of Mike and Tom. I'm ever grateful to them for this site and helping me become a lifelong Fulham fan. I'm just saying I like the sound of "FulhamUSA Supporters Club" better. But really, either way is ok with me. I'm just glad to be a part of it.

15. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

I'm back from the woods. Cooks Forest in central PA is quite beautiful, even when it is drizzling and having record low cold temperatures for this time of year. It's even more so when you are hiking carrying a three year old -- HOOAH!!!

We got 3 more over the weekend raising the official count to 13. Again, thanks to all.

I sent Mike the paperwork w/ Fulhamusa.com Supporters Club as the name, because Mike and Tom did the heavy lifting in organizing this site. As an example, when I first came on board 2 yrs ago, I didn't even use SteveM19 as my screen name, because I was a ManU fan then (shudder).

I am following their lead. Hopefully, using the full website name will get us a little more exposure, and I haven't received any directives stating not to use .com from the hierarchy here. Also, once we got ten members, we couldn't let this endeavor sit in the deep fryer for too long, people would legitimately start to get pissed about that.

16. LaxAttack

LaxAttack Well-Known Member

Thanks to Steve, Mike, Tom, Roy, Chris Coleman, Lee Cook and everyone else!

17. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

A Lee Cook reference will always be comedy gold on this site :banana:

18. DawgTheDon

DawgTheDon New Member

I should have mine bought by Friday.

I do hope we run this properly and vote on anything that needs to be voted on, including the secretary job. Fine to have someone volunteer to get that started, but in the future I believe elections are in order.

19. nmancini04

nmancini04 New Member

Steve, can we get added to the club if we join later? I would like to join, but money is a little tight right now...

20. terrinh73

terrinh73 Member

I just joined today...was it a little too late?