FFC Firesale--Player Rumor thread

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by dcheather, May 6, 2014.

1. Dynamo

Dynamo Member

Amen, we signed a midfielder, I'm excited about the prospect of Thomas Eisfeld. We're gonna be pretty well stocked for the future

2. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

[tweet]492412829270425600[/tweet]

Looks like Dejagah (aka the Iranian Dempsey) is gone.

3. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

like the American Dempsey, sigh

4. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

http://footballleagueworld.co.uk/hugo-r ... late-move/?

5. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

Ugghh to this and my favorite from last year both departing - thanks to both Rodellega and Dejagah for their service. Can't say these two didn't bust their asses for the club.

6. psand22

psand22 Member

7. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Yeah, there has to be another keeper coming in. I'm not sure I can trust such a young keeper being given the starting job.

8. jumpkutz

jumpkutz Well-Known Member

I don't understand this one.
    We get this kid in 2008, put him through a gazillion loans, some of them to teams now in the top tier. He makes 79 appearances for these other teams, then we stick him out there like a carnival shooting game rubber ducky in front of the worst defense in the history of the club.
    In the end, he makes 39 total appearances for the club, 26 of them in his last season with us.
    THEN we cut him loose?
    Somebody please explain this insanity to me.

9. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

He's not as good as the supporters make him out to be?

I like him, because he wears his heart on his sleeve. But he's never impressed any of the managers he's played for and that's the story with him.

10. AggieMatt

AggieMatt Well-Known Member

Hint: it's good as a fruit and a computer, not so much as a gm.

Normally I'd argue against this move as unnecessary, and to an extent I still feel that way, but with all of the turnover this season, continuity is shot so what's one more?

Still expect to see Stek, Amorebieta, Ruiz and Mitroglou leave along with Dejagah and Rodallega (if they haven't already). If that proves true, perhaps the side that played in Jax isn't as much of a B-side as many thought. Or we still have a lot of players to bring in, which is also possible.

While I wish I shared Tim and Nev's feelings about the offseason moves, I think the sentiments that we're showing the ambition to go straight back up is off base. Historically, the teams that go straight back up have very little turnover and are experienced at this level (or above). I.e. they are teams that probably shouldn't have been relegated in the first place. I'd argue we should have been relegated a year earlier. Now that's not to say that the club haven't made good long term buys. As has been mentioned, we really don't know these guys.

However, my biggest concern for this team remains unchanged from 3 years ago. If the last couple of years watching the Prem has taught me anything, it's that the superior midfield (particularly center mid) wins the majority of the time. We've barely touched the position. I don't like Scott Parker as the CDM. He's not a deep lying playmaker and he slows the offense in the transition to attack. He doesn't settle the ball well, often doing that squared off circling move thing he does, or worse, he passes back too much. He's slow, lacking in stamina and he was a pretty big failure at protecting the back four last year. It looks like Hoogland (a fullback) is his backup at that spot at present. I keep hoping we're going to do something else at that position, but putting the armband on Parker makes me think we won't. David at CAM looks promising and Eisfield from Arsenal sounds promising there as well. But we've already lost Richardson, who I thought was the most influential player in our attack last season. If we lose Dejagah and Ruiz, we're counting primarily on the kids on the wings. Or new additions. But we're getting awfully close to the start of the season, so any changes there will require time to find form and come together.

I liked the striker moves a lot better before the Rodellega rumors kicked up. If we lose Hugo and Mitroglou (who we still can't quantify), signing McCormack goes from looking like a move to bid for winning promotion to a move that will keep us out of the drop zone. I'm just waiting to see how long it takes before we see "you can't blame McCormack, he isn't getting any service". Deja vu?

And then there's Magath. I like the formation, still not sold on the man. He's lived up to too many of the things that concerned me when we brought him in but some of that was excused by "he inherited a poor team." We should get a better read on him this season. My impression is that he's a manager on the wrong side of the evolution of the game. We'll see.

There's still a long way to go before the window closes though, so it's still too early to judge, but it's looking like we're going to put a lot on the kids' shoulders. From a long term perspective, that's probably not such a bad thing, but it almost certainly will not lead to promotion this year. I still strongly question Mackintosh's ability to assemble a complete squad and am not thrilled that there weren't big changes in the front office. To date, I'd say we're looking at a midtable position at best. I don't think we're at risk of doing the double drop, but I won't be surprised if we flirt with those positions early on.

11. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

http://cottagersconfidential.sbnation.c ... dovic-sane?

12. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

http://footballleagueworld.co.uk/fulham ... norwood/?#

13. jumpkutz

Well, at least we're going after guys who HAVE a wikipedia page.

14. MicahMan

MicahMan Administrator

Mitroglou reportedly to head to Bordeaux: http://www.winnersports.co.uk/fulham-fc ... eaux-66822

15. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

16. jumpkutz

Here you go Emi! Another Bulgarian!

17. timmyg

timmyg Well-Known Member

Does that make 3-4 CB signings this offseason?

18. emiusaberbo

emiusaberbo Member

Here I am back
    Do you guys want any statistics on him
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nikolay_Bodurov
    This is his first transfer outside of Bulgaria

19. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Emi, do have any idea on whether he would be a starter or perhaps someone coming off the bench?

20. AggieMatt

AggieMatt Well-Known Member

This just further reinforces my opinion that we'll see Amorebieta depart. There are too many numbers at cb now, so maybe we'll see some of the youngsters go out on loan as well?