FFC Firesale--Player Rumor thread

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by dcheather, May 6, 2014.

1. jumpkutz

jumpkutz Well-Known Member

Darn. Would've liked to have kept him, but, oh well. I think he's got a HUGE future. I hope he does well there and breaks into the Swiss side sooner rather than later. I just think he got caught in a numbers game for this WC cycle and fully expect to see him shine for them in Russia.

2. astroevan

astroevan Well-Known Member

Damn. I was hoping that we would send Mitroglou back instead.

3. MicahMan

MicahMan Administrator

Let's hope this Kostas is better than the first! (note: the article says "poised" but the official Fulham site has confirmed this)

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... is-3828788

4. jumpkutz

AMEN!

5. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

I wasn't as high on Kasami as others, but the lad matured and became a hard worker. Trying to figure what we got for him in terms of $$, but can't find anything other than rumors of it being $8 million or whatever was left that was owed for Metroglue (which if that's the case, is an excellent deal).

Saw on the twitter feed section that Kieran Richardson might be swooped up by Aston Villa. Liked him, but hated his hamstrings so if FFC were able to get back what was paid (think it was around $1.5) that would be a good business.

6. LaxAttack

LaxAttack Well-Known Member

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/fo ... er-7406859

7. jumpkutz

8. MicahMan

MicahMan Administrator

Reading between the lines here, but I find it telling that this post about Stafylidis on the Fulham site makes no mention of Mitroglou while spending four paragraphs on Karagounis. Seems like if Mitrolgou was going to be sticking around they would be talking up that Greek connection too.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2014/july/ ... -exclusive

9. LaxAttack

LaxAttack Well-Known Member

http://www.noshortcorners.com/2014/07/bes-buy.html

10. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

11. astroevan

astroevan Well-Known Member

What does everyone think of Besler's chances at Fulham? I'd love to see him get playing time. I'd not enjoy seeing him unnamed or sitting on the bench all the time.

Who is playing central defense right now? I know Burn is central. Amorebieta and Zverotic play outside mostly, right? It looks like Hoogland, Voser, and Stafylidis play outside. So he most likely will be competing with Amorebieta, Hutchinson, and Burn for the two central spots. I can't be certain (and maybe I'm biased) but I would think Besler would have a decent chance of grabbing a starting spot.

12. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

Besler should not go to the Championship under any circumstances. No US players that impress at the World Cup, in the group we were in, should be heading to a second tier team. MLS should do what needs to be done to make that reality. The Championship is not a step up from MLS

13. BarryWhite

BarryWhite Well-Known Member

Regardless of how you view the level of competition, unless KC/MLS offer him a significantly improved contract the wages will be better in the Championship. To date MLS hasn't opened the pocketbook incredibly wide for defenders but I would guess MLS can probably keep him in front of his home town fans IF they want to pay him.

14. Dynamo

Dynamo Member

Besler given a Designated Player contract at SKC along with Graham Zusi, they've earned it

15. tim

tim Active Member

Good for both of them. And good for MLS. Regardless of what JK says, this is a good development.

16. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

And given what SKC just gave Besler and the man with perfect hair, I think they took your advice 'Mo. Any lottery numbers you'd care to share?

COYW

17. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

18. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

19. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

Whilst I know nothing of these players, I appreciate the motivation shown by Fulham to go straight back up. Come on Fulham, come on Magath and come on the squad! It certainly seems the club is trying to bounce right back.

COYW

20. tim

tim Active Member

I was thinking the same thing. It shows initiative ,at the very least. Really, really, REALLY hoping it pays off!