FA Cup Third Round Draw

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by americanmike, Dec 2, 2007.

1. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

FA Cup was just drawn for the third round this afternoon and Fulham will be at home against Bristol Rovers.

I was personally hoping for a lower-league team away (for novelty value) but it's a good draw for us.

COYW's

2. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

Time to tame some more wild Rovers.

3. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

didn't they loan one of our players last year? Timlin or someone?

4. GaryBarnettFanClub

GaryBarnettFanClub New Member

You are not missing anything by being at home - the last time I went to rovers they were playing at Twerton Park, it was a hole and their fans were scum. The police were scum too. I have never been to the memorial ground though, but I doubt the mentality of the fans have changed. They threw a brick into a tightly backed fulham end that hit a young girl on the head and put her into hospital.

The highlights from that game were; they has a young keeper playing for them called Nigel Martin, he was absolute class; Jim Stanard got punched in the face by midget Gary Penrice and the ref did not notice it.

I hope we embaress them. COYW.

5. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

If Luton get past Forest, they have drawn Liverpool at home. They had a marvellous match a few years back. The dream would be to hold Liverpool and then get a huge payday in the Anfield replay. They might even get enough money to be in business next year.

6. jmh

jmh New Member

I actually saw Bristol Rovers' second-round FA Cup match (the first one, not the replay) at Leyton Orient while I was over in London last month. They're alright but the level of play in their league just shouldn't compare to Fulham. Still, we've had trouble with this kind of game in the last few years so no counting our chickens before they hatch.

7. Fern72

Fern72 Member

The way we have been playing anyone can beat us. But, as true Fulham supporter, i will count my chickens right now.