FA Cup - Fulham at Cardiff

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by MicahMan, Jan 6, 2017.

1. jumpkutz

jumpkutz Well-Known Member

I think our reserves CAN beat Hull. If you look at who we ran out for our first three Football League Cup matches, they did pretty well. And a fair number of them aren't around anymore. Stearman, Kavanagh, Grimmer, plus those that appear to be on their way out: Christensen, Tunnicliffe, De La Torre and Woodrow, none of whom were even named to the bench against Cardiff. Whomever is left from that last group that's still around before the transfer window closes could conceivably get into the cup squad, but our "B" team, and even our "A-B" team has performed admirably this season. They've competed, and that's a change under Joka that's as welcome as the improved results. We're poised to surprise some people...and I think we can do it without compromising our league position. I like Marcus Bettinelli a lot, and I think people will see he's at least equal to, and perhaps better than, David Button. He's got the talent, and if he gets on a good run of form, a hot keeper can take you a long way in a tournament.