Everton v. FFC [R]

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by HatterDon, Oct 30, 2008.

1. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Good away points for the Toffees today, but they've been crap at home. Timmy must wish he had 'dolo, Gooch, Boca, and Pearce in front of him at Goodison instead of the nervous nellies who have let him down this season in match after match.

AJ and Z-Bird are rounding into form and should be racing onto the pitch Saturday lunchtime. Our defense continues to do the job and we're now beginning to score.

Look for Dempsey to start, and don't be surprised if you see Gray before the 90 is over. I'm thinking 1-1 here. If we're still filled up with serious mo, it could be 1-2 to the Whites.

What say y'all?

2. TheOldBugger

TheOldBugger New Member

1 point would do us I think,1 game does'nt make us world beaters(yet)
    if we get the 3 it'll be party time in a big way!!!!!
    (we beat the gunners,anything is possible)

3. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

I like our chances better than most away games for all three points. Everton's defense is outstandingly generous, long may it continue. 19 goals in 10 games is the league's worst. We should be able to get 2. Not one, TWO. Figure the home field is worth one goal. That means the D needs to hold and we are off the schneid for road games.

Picking a starting lineup apparently isn't Nostradamus-level material now, but again, I want to say START DEUCE. SIT GERA. And if Nevland is in the starting XI, so much the better.

COYW!!!!!!!

4. FulhamAg

FulhamAg New Member

I'm thinking a 1-1 draw, the same starting XI (as much as I'd like to see Dempsey in for any of Gera, Murphy or Bullard), and Dempsey and Nevland as late subs. Woy seems to play it much more conservative on the road, especially in the 1st half, thus the 1-1 number despite Everton's seive-like D.

5. jmh

jmh New Member

That sounds like exactly what I was going to say.

6. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

It seems we get run off the pitch every time we play there. Wasn't Truman in the White House the last time Fulham won at Everton? I'd be willing to bet Yakubu has scored more goals vs our boys than any other team in the Prem. AJ should be flying around and coming off this last performance it would not surprise me to see too much attention paid to him and Bobby Z finding the back of the net. A point would be fantastic even considering the Toffees home form this season.

7. timmyg

timmyg Well-Known Member

we've been outscored 10-1 the last 3 trips to Goodison.

i'm biting the bullet on this one.

8. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

good point, Timmy, but Everton are back on their heels, and our defense is better than it has been in a long time.

Any folk showing up in the chatroom Saturday morning? No Setanta for me, so I'll be there.

9. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

10. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

this is a big match. it's not a critical match in a sense of end of year relegation must win, but clearly it's time for our team to stand up to the results we've gotten in our last three with another result. A draw at Goodison Park is a good result in my opinion although I obviously prefer the 3 points. Let's go in there and get after the Toffees and force them to defend us. Our back 4 have kept things tight at the back and our strikers have picked it up at the front. Let's get our midfield in gear now and start to distance ourselves from that relegation zone. I'm saying a 1-1 draw but am hoping for a 2-1 victory.

11. RidgeRider

RidgeRider Member

Go back and listen to minutes 7-8, where from my best attempt to reading between the lines, Bullard may get some bench time.....soon.

12. RidgeRider

RidgeRider Member

oh, I think F5 will be fired up to make a statement to Everton and expect he will be very active. I'm with the rest of you. I will be very happy with a 1-1 or 2-2 result.

13. jmh

jmh New Member

Roy sure is very even-keel in that clip, isn't he? And yes, he does sound like he's thinking that maybe Jimmy needs a week off to work through the bad patch of form he's in.

14. RidgeRider

RidgeRider Member

He indeed is even keel. I like his straight forward approach. He is either a really 'slick' diplomatic type or an authentically straightforward and genuine heady man. I think the latter but i don't know him so.....

15. TheOldBugger

TheOldBugger New Member

i'll see you all in the chat room-all good fun

16. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

17. Optimizer

Optimizer New Member

So, he's kissing his badge. Ooooooooooooooooooooooh.

They (Everton) should be more concerned about what he did prior to kissing it should they be so offended, likely it'll be a goal scored.

In any case, I didn't see the Wigan game and that's too bad. But I did see Portsmouth and if they can play more like they did from what I'm reading on Wednesday combined with the substitutions made against Pompey, I think FFC has a good of a chance as any to get some points on the road. I'll settle for a tie, if only because the team is so historically poor on the road and I'm going to have my hopes dashed enough later that Saturday.

18. morry32

morry32 New Member

19. timmyg

timmyg Well-Known Member

to one to all: check itunes for the latest podcast!

also, i found this video and i'll be grinning in my sleep.

20. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

A point would be great up there...a win and I'll pitch invade. A loss, expected...

We haven't won there since 1960-something...

Fletch, some of those who made a trip over have probably met him, and I are getting up at ridiculous-o'clock for this one...COYW's