1. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

What a performance from Wales!! Way to go Cookie!!!!

2. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Yay, Cookie Monster. Watching Wales reminds me of how tough we used to be at Craven Cottage under him. Wales in the semis? Who'd a thunk it?

3. SoCalJoe

The run up to his PK (Italian sub Zaza, no it was not Joey :cool:) was part comedy part horror show, but how can you ask someone who comes on in the 120th minute for literally 5 seconds to take a PK?? Lucky for him Pelle, Ozil, and Schweinsteiger's PKs were as bad if not worse, but the 'genius' Conte really screwed up on PK taker #2.

4. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

It was of interest to me to read that Luigi Cullina -- the chief ref in the Euros -- dictated that in penalty shootouts, there would be no stop-start runups, nor would keepers be allowed to leave the goal lines early. I think both of those made penalties more difficult to take.

5. jumpkutz

jumpkutz Well-Known Member

And Iceland turned back into a pumpkin, courtesy of the hosts. Good run, though, by a minnow.

6. LaxAttack

LaxAttack Well-Known Member

It finally stuck midnight in Iceland. It was one of the 21 hours of sunlight, but it was midnight.

MicahMan likes this.
  7. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

HatterDon likes this.
  8. BarryWhite

BarryWhite Well-Known Member

I haven't been that impressed by Portugal and will be rooting for Wales.

nevzter likes this.
  9. SoCalJoe

With Barry in that Portugal has been underwhelming the whole tournament. The spine of the Welsh play at Palace, Swansea, Spurs, Liverpool, Arsenal, and Real Madrid so this isn't a fluke. If Aaron Ramsey who looked like the best player on the entire pitch against Belgium wasn't out due to the dumb yellow card rule I'd say they'd advance to the Final for sure. However, Ramsey is (as is Davies on the backline) which spells trouble w/the kid Sanchez in the middle for Portugal, who does have it's own issues with William Carvalho out due to yellows, and Pepe questionable. All that said...Come On Cookie!!!!

nevzter likes this.
  10. nevzter

Germany v. France. On paper, it's another historic match. I hope the play lives up to the billing. Still it's Die Mannschaft v. Les Bleus - good stuff.

11. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Caught the 2nd half of Germany v. France and thought the French were full measure for their victory.

12. jumpkutz

jumpkutz Well-Known Member

So here's my question: Where the hell has Griezmann been hiding? Atletico may have a devil of a time holding on to him after this tournament.

13. MicahMan

MicahMan Administrator

I know the source is a British tabloid, but this was some depressing background (if true) on Griezmann:
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/row-zed/euro-2016-star-antoine-griezmann-8375063

14. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Well, the number is correct. As I understand it, we offered 12m for him, they turned us down and sold him a week or two later for 24m.

15. nevzter

Having watched a good number of Atletico matches this past year, I think Griezmann is the real deal. I know he's good b/c my boy, who loathes Atletico (he's got his own vendetta against that club after learning they defeated Fulham at the Europa final and for other random reasons), is anti-Griezmann.

SoCalJoe likes this.