1. krhimself

krhimself New Member

2. andyns

andyns New Member

Did you see it in replay from the front? Youtube takes down premiership highlights faster than lightening. All I saw was in normal time from behind and you couldn't tell much. Having said that, didn't look like Taylor meant to hurt him.

3. andyns

andyns New Member

4. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Andy, I couldn't make it past the second picture. Disgusting.

I was interested in the blog's analysis. Sounds to me that it was more misfortune than thuggery.

Do any of the veterans on the site remember Bocanegras "horror tackle" in his first start for us? I didn't see any photos of that. Was it as bad as this one?

Here's hoping Eduardo can come back. I'm an old man, and my memory includes too large a collection of fine young athletes whos careers have been destroyed by things like this. I don't need any more.

5. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

I saw the first one and said that's enough for me. Sad all around. I wonder if we will ever see Eduardo again. Or Taylor, for that matter.

6. IanHux

IanHux New Member

I saw it happen a few minutes ago... I'm still cringing from it. He is a wonderful player and I hope he will be able to come back.

7. nmancini04

nmancini04 New Member

I can't even look at it... Poor guy.

8. jmh

jmh New Member

The Arsenal fans on another board I post on seem convinced that it was malicious rather than reckless. I think they need to calm down a little.

9. BarryP

BarryP New Member

I saw the replay and it looked like any number of reckless challanges worthy of a yellow card you see every weekend to me. Unfortunatly, the results of this one were horrendous. I really didn't think it looked intentional and Taylor looked pretty shaken by the results of the bad tackle.

10. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

I saw the replay also, and i agree with BarryP. I have a lot of respect and admiration for Arsene Wenger, but I really am upset with him this time. I continue to remember when Jimmy Bullard was injured and there was a shot of Cookie Coleman consoling the Newcastle player who injured him.

Arsene; show the class that Cookie showed. Please.

11. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

It reminded me of when Jason Kendall of the Pitt. Pirates broke his ankle and it turned sideways. Simply horrific injury.

I think Wenger's post-match reaction regarding the injury had more to do with the Gunners dropping 2 points than any purported malice by Taylor. Regardless, it was classless of Wenger to ask for Taylor to be banned permanently. Still, it's saddening when an up and coming piece of class like Eduardo suffers such an injury. Those other noises you hear are the rest of Europe bidding goodbye to Croatia from the Euro 2008.

12. andypalmer

andypalmer Active Member

Wenger was angry; he's backed off the "lifetime ban" call. Even professors can lose their temper.

13. EricD

EricD New Member

I am so bummed for Eduardo.