Dynamo vs. Galaxy

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by TonyTX42, Aug 9, 2006.

1. TonyTX42

TonyTX42 New Member

They're showing the game on FSC (not sure if it's only locally) and the analyst announcer is one of the worst I've ever heard. It took him until the 25th minute to stop calling Houston "San Jose." I mean, I realize that he had to travel to Houston, stay in a Houston-area hotel, be transported to Reliant Stadium (Home of the Houston Texans), and that he's surrounded by "Houston Texans" (which is on signs ALL OVER the stadium); not to mention the fact that they haven't been San Jose since last season, but I can understand making that mistake. :D What an idiot.
    That being said, it is pretty funny seeing women wearing the Club America jerseys (they're playing Barca next) that have the team's sponsor "Bimbo" on the front. I know that Bimbo is a Mexican pastry company, but still--that's my kind of advertising! :3d funny:

2. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Heh!

So... why didnt you go?

BTW: Did you know that Tejans' Jamey Rootes is primarily responsible for all the 'big games' played there?

Did you know he was the GM of the Crew in the critical first years?

Quite a change from the usual NFL to MLS.. he went from MLS to NFL.. as did his successor - to the Falcons.

But I wouldnt be surprised if he went BACK to MLS front office.. he's a soccer player and fan.

3. kwdawson

kwdawson New Member

I saw the game tonight and it was very entertaining. A lot of fans there to see the Barcalona-America game, which gave the MLS player a spark.

4. Markus

Markus Member

I went as well, perfect midfield seats.
    It was crazy with 70k+ screaming in that place.

One thing that stood out for me, was watching the two matches in direct contrast. Amazing the individual skill differences.

5. kwdawson

kwdawson New Member

Re: RE: Dynamo vs. Galaxy

I think even the MLS players would have told you they cant come close to Barcalona skill on the ball.

6. Markus

Markus Member

RE: Re: RE: Dynamo vs. Galaxy

i was very impressed with EIDUR GUDJOHNSEN for Barca (pardon the cut'n'paste)
    He was everywhere, and played like the game ment something.

....a far stretch from the Chelsea V MLS match. I went to that the week previous in Chicago, and was sickened at the Chelsea players effort. I did'nt think I could hate those guys any more.

Watching that match, the difference in skill wasn't as blatently obvious.