Do we really deserve to stay up?

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by andyns, Mar 7, 2008.

1. annieffc

annieffc New Member

Hi! Just come on site for first time to hear Gentleman Jim's last few minutes again, although I did listen to it during the match. Of course we deserve to stay up. We have improved so much since Roy took over and he, Mike and Ray have worked hard to get the Team playing well and Roy sensibly bought players to fit in the gaps we had, not like Sanchez, who just bought a load of N Ireland players, no matter what positions they played in.

I went to the Aston Villa, Everton, Sunderland and Birmingham games, which is pretty good for me. We live almost as far South as you can get in the UK, having moved from just West of London, near Heathrow Airport and it costs too much for us to go to many, unfortunately. My kids went to these and some away games, Reading, Man City and my Son went to Pompey today.

We have stayed up because of the hard work and organised play we have produced; like Roy I haven't bragged we were going to stay up, just said to people that I wouldn't accept the inevitable until we mathematically couldn't stay up. It's been hard these last few months; I work for Hampshire County Council in Fareham and the guy who sits next to me is a Pompey fan. Even though we have played well, he always piped up "You're still going to be relegated", so I can't wait to get into work tomorrow morning. We have to wear smart clothes, even though we are in a call centre, but I will wear my biggest FFC shirt over them and give him a bit of banter!

Anyway, we deserve to stay up as we have kept our heads down and worked hard, that's that!

2. Hard_Drinkin'_Lincoln

Hard_Drinkin'_Lincoln New Member

RE: Re: Do we really deserve to stay up?

annieffc...you'll have to tell us how your day at work went!

We did what we had to do against difficult odds. As you pointed out, Fulham worked their way into survival. Reading and Birmingham entered a stagnant point they didn't escape until the last weekend of the season. It was too late for them by that time.

3. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

RE: Re: Do we really deserve to stay up?

haha, I wore my Fulham training top to work today and I'm loving every moment of walking around London with it on. Fantastic.

4. Bracey

Bracey New Member

you've got too understand football is a very honest sport,if you deserve to go down you will,if you don't you won't-it's that simple.So ok,it went down to the wire but that run of results we deserved to stay up and we did-if you are relieing on other peoples results you can not say you derserve to stay up,because you just don't