Dempsey signing watch

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by pettyfog, Dec 28, 2006.

1. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Tribunals are when people are arrested without charges, sent to prisons where they're not allowed to talk to lawyers, are tortured to confess information they don't know, and then are not allowed to sue their arrestors when they're finally let go without a hearing or trial.

Oh, you meant TRANSFER tribunals. That's very different. Never mind.

2. 1955FulhamFan

1955FulhamFan New Member

RE: Re: RE: Dempsey

Prediction..Tribunal says OK based on his record..Deuce to get a deuce against the Hammers :)

3. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Ok,what's up with the youtube clip? I haven't seen any official word that's his permit has been granted. Can we please wait to pop the cork until it's official? I still have Reyna nightmares.

4. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Whatever! I took it down {ready to enable, though}

I have a lot of faith in the TFI's 'insider'... and this is 180 deg different than Reyna. It was him changed his mind.
    I would assume th contract is signed and sealed... thus poaching cant happen,

5. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

I agree Petty...but when it comes to Fulham the unexpected seems to happen quite a bit. I wouldn't want the site be any kind of jinx on this situation.

6. pettyfog

Here's the deal on Dempsey.... it can easily be extrapolated that he WOULD have met the Req's IF we had a Head Coach, and/or he'd been included based on availability in the games he missed...IOW it wasnt a decision based on worth but on external factors.

I cant beleive the Players Assoc would be so petty as to refuse the appeal.

So it's up to 'paper processing' and what THAT means is all we have to worry about is if he's got a record with police or something.... hmmmmm...

{fingers crossed}

7. DCDave

DCDave Member

No new news--just a comment on Dempsey

I agree with Pettyfog.

That's the problem with relying on a mathematical forumla to make the decision. Before the transfer window opens they could make up a list of players who qualify throughout the world, based on a combination of the forumla and a definition of "regular international". I know that'd be a lot of work for no reason for the vast majority of players throughout the world but UEFA is rich--they can afford it.

8. Oz1151975

Oz1151975 New Member

Man I wish that match was going to be on Fox. I don't get Setanta.

9. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

Re: RE: Re: RE: Dempsey

dude...you got to catch up on the changing times...this is the Age of Technology....the Dark Ages are over. Get Setanta...it's been soooooooooooo worth it

10. 1955FulhamFan

1955FulhamFan New Member

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Dempsey

So are we signing Deuce, Davies, Montella, and Onyewu....Is Montella still smacked up. The "Airplane" was plagued with injuries last year. Hope he has the bottle for the EPL.....

11. Jacob

Jacob New Member

yay or nay, I keep reading conflicting reports. I just want some hard signings in the next week or two.

12. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

"Dempsey & gooch signing today or tomorrow for £3.7M and Montella today they hope for £250K"

You heard it here first

13. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

I thought Montella was going to be a loan?

Other than that, sorry Mike, I'm not listening until I see them uniform playing on the pitch.

Oh, nevermind, I can't be that negative. I hope everything you say is true and can't wait for an official announncement mentioning all names above. So are Fulham getting Dempsey and Gooch for 3.7 each or total? Because if it's total, what a f#$%ing steal. Two good players with potential, for the price of one really.

I have my worries about Gooch adapting. He's a quick learner from what I've seen, but he's a bit too physical when he defends, plus he gets called for some bogus fouls. I just hope wherever he goes there is patience for his game. Good luck to him.

14. Martin-in-Nashville

Martin-in-Nashville New Member

SKY Sport reports that Fulham have accepted an offer for Collins John from an Unamed Premiership side

15. pettyfog

Mikey!!!!!
    Montella is in on loan.. a lock. What's the fee for?

The Dempsey deal was said to be £2M; Original Onyewu offer:£1M, Liege turned it down, so upping it 50% would seem about right... Lumping the two into £3.7M makes it sound like you know a bean-counter.

16. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

I saw where Mikey got his info, from the Fulham Independent Site: www.t-f-i.com.

BTW, clubcall and sky are reporting Fulham have accepted a fee for Collins John...an unnamed club, but clubcall are speculating it's Watford (who have been rumored to be sniffing around for a striker).

17. Meggrs

Meggrs New Member

Oh, please! What a fantastic late X-mas present. When I saw that Standard had rejected the $1m offer, I was desperately hoping Cookie would see fit to up it to a reasonable number, and if shipping out Collins John is what it takes, than so be it.

Was it DC Heather who said they might have to rename the team the USMNT? Fielding 4 Yanks in the starting 11 would certainly make me delirious (although since I imagine Cookie ideally wanting to pair Gooch with Zat for sheer size intimidation, I'm not 100% sure where Boca would play).

18. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

That was me, but I was joking of course. You're right, Boca would probably make way for Onyewu if he was signed and intergrated into the team. But you never know when our defenders might get knocked out or break a jaw in an individual Fight Club scene.

19. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

As for the CJ bid, it was accepted but another club is also asking about him thus Fulham is letting the two teams go at it with CJ having a final say. I am not convinced he'll leave since his ego just won't let him go low. Though the first bid IS Watford.

Gooch is supposedly, ahem, flying back to london today/tomorrow so we'll see. Dempsey deal is done but, again this all depends on work permit.

Sorry, the 250 was for his wages for 6 months for Montella. Roma is pitching in to pay some of them.

20. Jacob

Jacob New Member

Mike, have you heard when we will know if he gets his permit. The suspense is killing me.