Dempsey signing watch

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by pettyfog, Dec 28, 2006.

1. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Dempsey's Achilles Heel:

Andrea Canales: Guts And Glory

2. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

RE: Clint Dempsey

I thought his achilles heel was his rapping.

3. VonBilly

VonBilly New Member

Dempsey to sign???

pulled this from fulhamMB

"Clint Dempsey has agreed to join Fulham in a £1.5 million deal, but the United States and New England Revolution attacking midfield player will not be eligible to play for the West London club until the transfer window opens and until he receives a work permit.

Dempsey, 23, is unlikely to make his Premiership debut until the match away to West Ham United on January 13. “We expect him to make a big impact,” Coleman said. “He is strong, has good pace and a good touch. He has all the tools in his locker to be a good player in the Premier League...”

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0, ... 78,00.html

4. Buchanan

Buchanan New Member

I sure hope so, I think Dempsey is just what this team needs. Would be a late Christmas present for me if Deuce is wearing a Fulham jersey come Jan.

5. pettyfog

Well, we all know not to count any chickens...

I checked his website and he hasnt posted his decision yet.

The hearing on his cap shortage will be a formality, as he would have had the few he needed if the US had been playing instead of looking for a manager.

6. Buchanan

Buchanan New Member

7. SCFulhamFan

SCFulhamFan Active Member

Well as the clock strikes midnight GMT I will be waiting to hear any news on this one. I hope Demsey get the okay from the tribunal. I can't wait to see who else we get.

8. BC

BC New Member

I'm glad to hear his comment that Deuce isn't being brought in to sit on the bench. Cookie expects him to contribute straight away. I think he could be a big boost to the midfield.

9. Buchanan

Buchanan New Member

So how long does it usually take for one of these tribunals or whatever to decide?

10. kwdawson

kwdawson New Member

I cant wait for this to happen, the West Ham game on the 13 is on Setanta I think.

11. waggonman

waggonman New Member

Clint was in the cottage at the watford game, with his Lady !
    hope he signs soon
    WAG

12. Tony_USA

Tony_USA New Member

Dempsey

it's so unlike CC to make any positive comment about WHEN a player will arive unless he is confident that the player will. Therefore, I think we can all be assured that if Dempsey is to pull on an EPL jersey in the next 6 months, it will be for Fulham.
    The achiiles heel? Sorry, but unless there is a history of him doing this, and I don't know personally if there is or isn't, then I'm not even going to consider it. One thing Demps will discover in the EPL is though is that he will do what he's told. If CC ever tells him to take a spot kick, then the only question is "where to place it?", no refusals are permitted. matter closed to my mind now.

I look forward to Dumpy arriving (just trying out sifferent nicknames), Brian does need further support up there. I knw that CJ has attempted to provide that but, as like Diop, CJ seems somewhat 'clumsy' at times and does not always appear to try.
    Some of this might be confidence, I'm not sure, but I am sure that unless he can provide the service that McB needs, then he shouldn't be partnering him.

13. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

RE: Dempsey

Clint has already agreed to sign with Fulham and his WP was automatically rejected as he didn't have the required amount of CAPS for the US team. His permit is now being reviewed by a tribunal. I think he will make it. But we are Fulham, so we need all the luck we can get.

*knocking on wood*

14. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

Re: RE: Dempsey

how long will that take? any idea?

15. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

RE: Re: RE: Dempsey

a long time ago, on a thread far away, the kinder/gentler muppet pointed out that shutting down the MNT until November to find a coach was a bad idea for several reasons -- not the least of which was that it deprived several candidates for European transfer from the number of caps they might need. It has already cost Derby Josh Wolff. Let's hope it doesn't cost us the Deuce.

I hate it when I'm right. :twisted:

16. pettyfog

Re: RE: Re: RE: Dempsey

I dont... it's good for you to get it right once in a while!

17. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

18. psand22

psand22 Member

RE: Re: RE: Dempsey

Yea, I just saw another article on ESPN's Soccer Net about the signing....it could be worth up to 4 Million. Let's hope the tribunal goes our way and quickly. Here's the link, if you're interested....it's pretty similar to the news release above.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story ... 60&cc=5901

19. pettyfog

Re: RE: Re: RE: Dempsey

S'okay there's more than one source... so that isnt their outright lie of the week.
    heh

20. BC

BC New Member

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Dempsey

I know nothing about tribunals. Does anyone know approximately when it might occur and when Deuce will know if he can join Fulham? Are his chances pretty good? I know Cookie said they'd lost some tribunals before so I'm crossing my fingers.