Danish introduction

Discussion in 'FulhamUSA Introductions and Announcements' started by Zimmer2002, Feb 6, 2007.

1. Zimmer2002

Zimmer2002 New Member

Greetings all...

Ive been lurking around the site for quite some time, and thought it was time to introduce myself..

I'm a Danish FFC fan who is missing opportunities discussing Fulhams business on Danish websites (Apparently there isnt any...)! I usually get stick for being a Fulham fan, because most people around me worship clubs like United, Arsenal and Liverpool... But I stay faithfull to the Cottagers, and usually just laugh, when people are joking around with me being a Whites Fan :D ..

Ive been a FFC fan since 2004 (You might call me a rookie), when I went to London as an officetrainee at Fulhams Community branch under former captain Simon Morgan.. I was fortunate enough to work with really great people at the Community branch, I met some of the players at the training ground and I had the opportunity to watch several games during the 3-month stay..

It was an experience of a lifetime, which I will never forget and led to me becoming a follower of the Whites..

Cheers all
    The only Fulham fan in all of Denmark :wink:

2. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Welcome to the site! If you are a minority fan amongst all the EPL front-runners and fashionistas, then you've found a good home. We're all in this boat together.

Which Danish side to you support? Do you get a chance to see any of the Americans playing over there?

3. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

Welcome aboard Zimmer! Most of us here in the USA can atest to what you are saying about people around us supporting the bigger clubs. There may not be as many Fulham fans around the world as those other clubs, but we are a strong group all over the world!! Welcome again! Glad to have you on the site!

4. Zimmer2002

Zimmer2002 New Member

Thanks very much.. Its always good to know, there are many other FFC fans out there in the world :D

I support FC Midtjylland, which unfortunately do not have any Americans. But I live near Aalborg which hosts Aab with Danny Califf in the team.. I sometimes visit Aab stadion to see them play, and Califf is a very popular figure among Aab supporters; Always gives himself 100 % and usually plays to the limit everytime...

I am a big fan of Heath Pearce from FC Nordsjaelland, who is by far the best leftsided defender in the Danish league. Unfortunately for the Danish league, he will seek new pastures in the summer, but he is definitely a man to watch in the future... He is quick, has great technical abilities and gets forward whenever possible. I am sure he will be capped many times by the US, when moving to a bigger league..

Otherwise there is Robbie Russell and Joe Zewe in Viborg, which is FC Midtjyllands biggest rivals... Strong guy Russell starts most games, but he is very inconsistent.. Zewe is on the fringes and will probably seek new pastures sometime soon...

AGF from the 1st division just also got an American as well in Jeremiah White, but I havent had the chance to see him play.

The Danish League is a great start for American players, who see Denmark as a leap to bigger clubs, and I hope more US players will follow in the years to come.. Hopefully the best will choose FC Midtjylland :D

5. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Welcome Zimmer... you might want to go over to the offal MB {get it?} and throw that into the mix on the "Young Yanks" thread... you apparently know your stuff as, I think, most agree on Heath Pierce.

6. Zimmer2002

Zimmer2002 New Member

Cheers Mate

I didnt really get it, but it probably has something to do with, that I'm Danish :lol:

I am glad how you feel about Pearce and is looking forward to keeping you posted about this great leftsided defender..

7. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

offal meaning dead decaying meat... and short for the Offficial Fulham site.

Seriously, your info will have some interest for the one or two brits and most of the yanks in that thread

8. NicktheSwede

NicktheSwede New Member

Hey Zimmer,

I'm glad to let you know that you are not as alone supporting FFC in Denmark. There even used to be a Danish Fan Club a few years back :D

We also get some danish visits to our Swedish Fulham sites, so you are of course welcome to stop by at any time.

HammyEnd.com
    FFCSweden.com
    Blogg in Swedish
    Yet another blogg in Swedish

Keep that Black and White flag flying high!

9. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

Nice new logo Nick!

[​IMG]

10. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

Zimmer....great breakdown of all the Americans playing in the Danish league. I actually just finished a season with AC Horsens on Fifa 2007. Are they any good?

11. NicktheSwede

NicktheSwede New Member

Indeed Mike, you did a great job ;)

With this one too: [​IMG]

Btw, the Swedes are coming over in force in April, looking forward to be seeing you again then.