Critical Mass in the Peoples Republic

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by HatterDon, Oct 12, 2016.

1. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Tonight, dtwondough, Aggie Matt, and myself met up in a brew pub with some very distracting employees for an opportunity to meet and yak. I've been talking to Roger [dtwon] for more than 10 years now, and it was great to put a face to the name. Aggie Matt joined us on a work release from his deathbed, and we destroyed some beer and tasty food.

We even took part in a trivia contest where, in great Fulham fashion, we finished 4th -- just missing out on promotion.

What a great, great evening. Thanks for coming down, Roger; come back any time. And any of you show up in or near the Alamo City, just let us know you'll be here and we'll help YOU suck at trivia also.

Did I mention the beer was REAL good?

2. AggieMatt

AggieMatt Well-Known Member

I've thought numerous times over the years that it would be fun to travel & meet some of the FUSA'ers I've met online over time through posts & the chatroom. However life happens & I no longer travel through work other than to Seattle every now & then, and the years roll by without it happening. I do see HatterDon pretty often by virtue of sharing a city with him.

So, I was excited to hear that Dtowndough was coming to town. Don & I had the chance to meet up with him tonight & we had a great time. Unfortunately I forgot to have us take a picture to commemorate the occasion and post to the site. I also forgot to ask the meaning behind his username. But these things happen when you meet someone for the first time & consume a few brews. We did put forth a solid effort in trivia though.

Anyway, should any of you find your way to the Alamo City for any reason, feel free to look us up. I'll do the same if I find myself in any of your towns. And if any of you get the chance to meet DTD, you should. He's a good guy...and I'm not just saying that because he (or rather, his company) were kind enough to pick up the tab.:)

Edited...crap, I see Don beat me too it. Feel free to merge this with his post.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2016
  3. astroevan

astroevan Well-Known Member

Dang. I live in the same region as Dtown (though my days may be numbered) and not yet met him.

I really need to start wearing my Fulham jersey more often.

4. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

What location are you considering Evan?