COME ON YOU WHITES!!

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by jrose, Apr 26, 2008.

1. jrose

jrose New Member

The boys are gonna give me an ulcer... I just know it. And Spurs will find a way to screw us next week against Reading. Either that or the greatest comeback I've ever seen. What's with the road wins all of a sudden? Jesus, I need some Tums....

2. dtwondough

dtwondough New Member

Rose, I completely agree. I'm fairly new as a supporter, 2nd year. but it feels like i'm a lifelong fan. I nearly swerved off the road as i got message of fulham coming back and pulling it off today. I'll say this, I don't know of another team in that you have so many ups and downs. I feel like with each one, there's more of a family feel to being a fulham fan. And if we don't survive this year, i'm just happy to be a part of that family. with that said, COYW.

3. nmancini04

nmancini04 New Member

Yeah, I love that we didn't win a road game from August 2006 to April 2008 and then we win two in a row. You know what we call that......

4. bearzfan4lfe

bearzfan4lfe New Member

COME ON YOU SPURS!!!!!

That Tottenham v Reading game is gonna be live on FSC and you better believe I will be cheering for the boys across London on Saturday...They're on at the same time as Fulham who hopefully will be on Setanta...Looks like a perfect Saturday morning to spend at the Globe which is usually packed with Spurs fans...

Come On You Spurs!!!!!!!!

UP FULHAM!!!!!!!!!!

5. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

We ALL need some Tums.

6. terrinh73

terrinh73 Member

RE: Re: COME ON YOU WHITES!!

If they stay up this season, I will get a tattoo of Billy the Badger.

I might do it anyway...Billy's pretty rad.

7. Team_of_McBrides

Team_of_McBrides New Member

The unfortunate part of the Spurs v. Reading match will be that Reading has all to play for and Spurs can't really hurt or help themselves in the table. My hope is that Berbatov and Keane decide to tack on 4 or 5 goals and do some damage to the goal differential of Reading.

That being said, Fulham's given me renewed belief in our chances. Please oh Please stay up Fulham.

Billy the Badger... Wise choice.

8. Jensers

Jensers New Member

Spurs are already buying players and those that are out the door know it. I am afraid that they cant be bothered to beat a team that wants it more.

9. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

I actually like Spurs' chances against Reading. The Royals have forgotten how to score, and Tottenham can't keep from scoring.

10. Jensers

Jensers New Member

You may be right - I hope you are, but they are having so many problems at the back and Lennon has been showing how inconsistent he is... I dont know - I have been so disappointed as of late.

11. jrose

jrose New Member

My colleague's a Spurs fan and I've already threatened him. Hopefully that will do it. It would be nice to have both games on side-by-side.

12. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Dammit, I was going to devote a thread to our resident Spurs fan (Jensers) trying to give us hope, but was beaten to the punch. That team has gone into cruise control since they won the Carling Cup. I thought the the new gaffer would have that team playing better. You would think that playing for a job next year should be motivation enough.

The idea that a win at the Cottage and Spurs getting three at Reading and we would actually control our own destiny at Pompey was unthinkable (borderline laughable) after the 'Pool match, but could happen.

COYW and to the boys from White Hart Lane...DO SOMETHING!!!!

13. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

By the way, in HatterDon's perfect world, Bolton, Brummie, and Derby go down and Fulham AND Reading stay up -- SEVEN YANKS stay in the EPL if both of us stay up.

Still want Spurs to clean their clock on Saturday, though, but I'd really hate for that smug bastard in Bolton to survive.

14. quickdraw

quickdraw New Member

I must say that this is one of the MOST exciting moments in my life when it comes to sports. The only thing that tops this all at this moment were my Steelers a few years back. I relive The Bus's goal line fumble and Indy's missed field goal every time the boys step on to the pitch.

If we defy all odds and avoid the drop, it'll be the happiest moment I've had in sports. If it all comes down to Pompey, I'm making every opportunity to go to a bar and watch it with other people. I'll make them honorary Cottagers and revel in it all.

15. bearzfan4lfe

bearzfan4lfe New Member

Similarly it is one of my MOST exciting sports moments ever...only topped by the Bears run to the Super Bowl in 2006 and the Cubs in the NLCS in 2003...

I only wish that fighting for the 17th spot out of 20 teams was so exciting in American sports...as a Chicago sports fan I'd always have something to cheer for...

I will be at the Globe hung over to all mighty heaven...I just got a new job and I start Monday, my last day here is Wednesday...Thursday, Friday, and Saturday are three days of festitivities to commemorate my time here...Included is such activities will be me watching both matches simultaneously on Saturday morning...

16. Jensers

Jensers New Member

Ok - both my teams need wins and I am being to down in the mouth with my negative feelings about Spurs as of late.

Spurs still want to attack and I am sure they are getting sick and tired of draws! I AM! SO Come on You Spurs! Lets score some goals!

Also - I have good a good feeling about our whites. Just like Newcastle went on a terror after finally breaking thru, I have a warm feeling that Fulham is on the verge of something special.

17. bearzfan4lfe

bearzfan4lfe New Member

Good points Jensers...I hope you are right...it's about time that's for damn sure.

18. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

We better not stop throwing love out just for the Spuds. Roy Keane's troops dealt us a blow and could do the same to that ass Megson at the Reebok. It doesn't even have to be a win, because Bolton finishes at Chelscum, a draw will put them in deep trouble.

19. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

"I want Megson dead; I want the Wanderers dead; I want to burn down the Reebok, go there in the middle of the night and piss on the ashes." -- heavily adapted from the screenplay for The Untouchables.

Actually, I have nothing against Bolton [although Megson is another story], it's just how often do I get a chance to give a David Mamet AND Robert DeNiro shoutout in a football thread?