College World Series

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by SoCalJoe, Jun 23, 2016.

1. astroevan

astroevan Well-Known Member

After having to use some vacation time to watch the final and a short celebration Thursday, I left for a long weekend camping in the mountains. It was almost as if it didn't happen. It's kind of nice to come back to reality and see that it actually did.

That was a hard fought series and the outcome could have easily gone the other direction. Arizona was a great team and fought until the bitter end. A lot of respect to them. As a couple of you have mentioned, it's just great to be able to say CCU and National Champions in the same sentence. I never really thought that the tiny school that I attended (one year after gaining independence from USC) would even compete for a sports title. The funny thing is the coach started his tenure at CCU while I was attending. I recognized the old pictures of the clubhouse/concession stand combo. Hard to believe how much has changed.

Anyway, a great series from a couple of great teams that were just having fun. I'm going to soak this one in for a long while now.

encorespanish and SoCalJoe like this.
  2. astroevan

astroevan Well-Known Member

3. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

LOL, My pleasure (or displeasure if I were being honest, I wish I was the one with the Natty garb) on the T-Shirt. I can understand a shirt or jersey (I once had to take a pic in a Raider jersey and post it on FB), but a tattoo?? Oh ___ NO!