College Hoops '13-'14

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by jumpkutz, Dec 28, 2013.

1. AggieMatt

AggieMatt Well-Known Member

I won, I won!!!! :banana-dance: Wait....what do I win?

Bragging rights over Joe will be sufficient. :teasing-neener:

2. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Even a blind squirrel finds an acorn every once in awhile.

After the crushing way to lose by a point in OT (refs ruined a great college game, screwed over both teams, and I just wished they had swallowed the whistle at the end of the game before screwing Arizona last) I did a sports media blackout (except for getting up early to watch the Everton match). Then went to Vegas for a few days.

Florida looks fantastic and the best team, but Kentucky is capable of beating them.

I keep expecting UConn to lose, but they keep rolling. Think it's the end of the line on Saturday.

Kentucky as run through the gauntlet and I think it will continue until Monday.

Wisconsin is Bo Ryan's best team, but unless the big guy carries them again I think they'll come up short on Saturday.

3. AggieMatt

I'm pretty sure that's the 2nd time I've won on this board. Don't hate.

Agree, at this point Florida v Kentucky looks inevitable. I'll be pulling for Wisconsin to get to the final though.

4. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

I had more correct picks than you and I lost by a point. Sheesh, which school killed my bragging rights? :(

5. SoCalJoe

Even a broken clock is right twice a day. :icon-mrgreen:

6. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Congrats to the Minnesota Gophers -- my sweet sister-in-law's alma mater -- for winning the NIT

7. encorespanish

encorespanish Active Member

Putting that NIT title trophy right next to the WNBA trophies as the only hardware in the past 20 years from the still frozen tundra of Minnesota. :eek:bscene-drinkingbuddies:

8. jumpkutz

jumpkutz Well-Known Member

Yes, Pitino Sr. is probably turning cartwheels for Pitino Jr. Congrats to the Golden Gophers. On another note, my lads, the mighty Racers of Murray State, won the fifth installment of something called the Collegeinsider.com Tournament Thursday night against Yale. Thanks to the tournament organizers who graciously allowed the championship game to be conducted on our home floor at the CFSB Center in beautiful Murray, KY! Not a lot to crow about, but, hey, we were 4-22 my senior year, so a trophy is a trophy is a trophy, right? Watch out for us next year in the big dance. Murray State has a nasty habit of knocking off higher seeds in the first round and, on occasion, the 2nd as well. That is, of course, if we can keep Steve Prohm as coach for one more season. One of the brightest young minds in the college coaching ranks. Keep an eye on him as well. He's headed for the Final Four in the not too distant future.

9. jumpkutz

jumpkutz Well-Known Member

UConn vs. the Kitty Kats. I've got Kentucky. Louisville thrashed them 3 times this season. But the tournament's all about matchups, isn't it? I still like Kentucky.

10. SoCalJoe

I keep expecting UConn to turn back into the team that lost to Louisville one month ago by 33 points. However, after handily beating Iowa State, Michigan State, and Florida in consecutive games it would be hard pressed to pick against them tonight.

Kentucky should of been a 3 or 4 seed (the one glaring mistake by the committee) not a 8, but the most remarkable thing being done by a team that starts 5 Freshmen :shock: is how poised they are in close games. Wichita State, Louisville, Michigan, and WIsconsin were games they were trailing at half, and they all came down to the final seconds, and they won them all. They are unrelenting on the offensive glass.

Coin filp, but will go w/Kentucky finding a way again.

11. AggieMatt

Kentucky has been so clutch in this tournament, I think it's very hard to pick against them. That said, this is the 10 year anniversary of UConn winning both the Men's and Women's Basketball Championships and don't look now, but...

I'd still pick Kentucky though.

I understand there was once a time when the NIT was actually the bigger, more prestigious tournament. Now it's just, "we're #69!" But congrats to Minnesota anyway, you betcha.

12. encorespanish

encorespanish Active Member

You're darn tootin' Matt!

And congrats to the Racers as well Jumpkutz!

I keep picking against UConn and they keep winning...they are like Jason Voorhees, they just won't die. Buuuuuuuuut, with three straight game winning shots to win, I have to say that it seems to be that all of the good juju resides in the Kentucky blue. Kitty cats over the Huskies in a magical finish!

13. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

I'm not sure, but I believe that UConn did it. So pleased to see Florida and Kentucky go down.