College Basketball 2016-17

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by jumpkutz, Dec 22, 2016.

1. tim

tim Active Member

Sorry, he's got us on the brink of our first-ever tourney appearance. We're keeping him.

2. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

@tim, Was going to apologize for even bringing up NW hoops before they locked up the tourney bid, since they lost a few in a row after I did, but the huge win over #7 Wisconsin all but seals it.

BarryWhite and tim like this.
  3. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

First domino falls as Gottfried is fired by NC State. The early favorite for that job and also at Indiana if the Hoosiers choose to make a change is Archie Miller. The younger brother of Arizona's Sean has done a great job at Dayton (another 20 win year going now, and took the Flyers to the Elite 8 a couple seasons ago), he is a NC State alum, but it is Indiana and those gigs don't come around too often.

4. jumpkutz

jumpkutz Well-Known Member

I know one thing. It's gonna be darn near impossible to pick a bracket this season. The reason I say that is because I'm sitting here watching Purdue dismantle the Spartans in West Lafayette. Seeing a lot of that this season. Too many quality teams, no one standout, dominating program. I'm not a Gonzaga believer yet. All things being equal, Louisville will be interesting to watch next month. Winning some tough games right now, and, if they get and keep everybody healthy, well, it'll just be interesting. Kentucky? Not improving as much, especially defensively, as most of Cal's previous teams. They'll win a few rounds, but I just don't see them getting as far as they usually do. This bunch of one and doners don't quite have what it takes, I don't believe, effort or character wise, to do it. IU is out, and will be looking for a new coach.