Coca-Cola Championship Predictions

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by ChicagoTom, Jul 31, 2006.

1. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

RE: Re: Coca-Cola Championship Predictions

I started looking at the teams a little closer and for one, I think George Burley is a good manager. I think he will do some good things at Southampton. Additionally, I think the addition of Rudi Skacel, Bradley Wright-Philips, Grzegorz Rasiak and some others this summer will give Southampton the firepower they were missing last season up front.

Another reason I have chose Southampton is for some reason in the last nine months, this club has added more Polish players than any other English club. Rasiak, Kosowski, Barkowski, Mila and another one or two are there as well. Thus, I think this team has a good mix of youth and talent that will win it all this season.

I still pulling for Palace and Wolves, but if neither of those two make it, I am for Southampton.

2. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

RE: Re: Coca-Cola Championship Predictions

PNE going up will be a sure sign of the End Times... Whether in the World or just the end of the 20 team Prem.

Be careful, there!
    ;)

3. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

Re: RE: Coca-Cola Championship Predictions

Well, the oddsmakers were spot on with these three teams. Two of the three were promoted and the other is in the playoffs.

My picks were not too good. I had Southampton to win the league. I also picked West Brom and Leeds to go up. Leeds got relegated to the first division so that pick was real bad.

Predicting the Coca-Cola Championship is tough.

4. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

RE: Re: RE: Coca-Cola Championship Predictions

We all had good solid reasons for picking Leeds to do well, though. Also, your Wolves squad and your Southhampton squad are still in with a shout, so you had a good solid result from your adjusted picks.

Always good not to ignore the bookies, although, as DCH points out, Watford were favorites for relegation the year they were promoted to the Prem!