Chelsea v. Fulham

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by quickdraw, Sep 27, 2007.

1. Martin-in-Nashville

Martin-in-Nashville New Member

I guess we cant write C-H-E-L-S-E-A any more without it turning into Walham Green Dog track?

2. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

New rule at the Home of the Undead: Anti-semitism directed at one of our own is bad. However, when directed at players who aren't on the Scum's books, or when directed at Tottenham, anti-semitism is part and parcel of the CSKA tradition and is not only accepted, but mandatory!

Thank you.

And Mikey, enough is enough. :D

3. EricD

EricD New Member

What a great write up by the White Witch. That really fills in the blanks when watching the game on the TV so far away. Thanks.

Some pretty physical activity.
    That was a brutal boot to the face by Drogba. I could not see a mark, and Baird came back as if nothing happened. I am not sure why Drogba was questioning it.

I recognized that indented face mark left on Terry by Dempsey. I had the same thing in college, and it requires surgical repair. Dempsey's arm was up pretty high though.

Overall, it felt like a victory to get one point on the road.

4. GaryBarnettFanClub

GaryBarnettFanClub New Member

Any cross section of society will bring seedy unwanted people. Some of my best friends are Chelsea fans!

I would think the racist and anti-semitic undercurrent at Chelsea is no more or less than you would find at any club in London. The abuse is more likely to be thoughtless abuse of an Isralie, rather than genuine anti-jew feelings.

Again, there is plenty of anti-semetic abuse thrown at Spurs fans, regardless of the club. I have heard it from Fulham fans at the Cottage.

Spurs also have several song about being Jewish. The following two are from "Shit Ground, No Fans", a compilation of fan chants by Jack Bremner (Banthem Books, 2004).

The truth is that every club has violent, racist, anti-semetic, islamaphobic, homophobic or biggoted fans. Even worse, most fans have as some point joined in chants about any of the above subjects. I know that I have.

5. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

That may be true, but if you were in the Durrell Saturday, you would really of seen that Chelsea fans are scum cowards. Sorry, really bitter about it.

6. GaryBarnettFanClub

GaryBarnettFanClub New Member

Hi Mike,

I wasn't there and did not see them. All I have is what is on the web and in the news papers that there has been some racist and anti-Semitic corespondance.

What did go on? How many were involved?

Thanks

7. richardhkirkando

richardhkirkando New Member

8. nmancini04

nmancini04 New Member