Charlie Davies

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by omsdogg, Oct 23, 2008.

1. jmh

jmh New Member

Or, you know, doin' stuff. Naked stuff. :banana: :D

2. LaxAttack

LaxAttack Well-Known Member

Doesn't sound good.

From Grant Wahl:

"USSF on Charlie Davies: fractures to right tibia/femur, left elbow, facial fractures. Lacerated bladder."

"Davies hospitalized at least 1 week. Added surgery will be required for left elbow, possibly facial fractures."

"USSF: Titanium rods inserted in Charlie Davies' right femur/tibia."

"USSF doc: Davies' injuries usually require 6-12 months recovery & long rehab. Due to CD fitness, chance to play hi level again improved."

3. FFC24

FFC24 New Member

Yeah it's not good at all. He will probably play again, but you have to wonder how well. He's young enough to pick up his form, but it'd be great just to see him on the pitch.

Thoughts are with the families of all involved.

4. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

CD sounds like he's blessed to be alive.

Hate to bring this up, but was he driving? Reports aren't saying as of now. Police will be (are) looking at the possibility of criminal charges for someone.

5. FFC24

FFC24 New Member

I read somewhere that he wasn't the driver. I can't remember where as I read a shit ton of websites yesterday about this.

6. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

I, too, read an article that stated he was a passenger. I believe it was an ESPN article?

7. andypalmer

andypalmer Active Member

Local news sites say he wasn't the driver.

It's also mentioned that he violated USMNT curfew...

There's a nice statement on Socheaux's site.

We're going to miss him tonight, and I'm not talking about the game/result. He's going to be on everyone's mind at RFK tonight. Only yesterday, we were celebrating our qualification to the World Cup and today we are shocked and saddened by a serious injury to one of "our boys."

8. BarryP

BarryP New Member

I wish Charlie nothing but the best in his recovery.

9. WhitesBhoy

WhitesBhoy Active Member

If you are going to the match tonight, there is a movement to have everyone print as many of these out as possible for ditribution, hold on to one, and hold it up in the 9th minute:

http://freepdfhosting.com/f56b2e968d.pdf

I might just print one out and hold it up at the bar, while watching the match after getting my own PT in.

10. bostoncottage

bostoncottage New Member

I heard a report that he was not driving. And yes, he had prior knee surgery. He missed his sophomore year at BC beause of it. Nevermind what a fractured femur means for his professional career and our World Cup hopes, I just hope he's able to recover mentally from the loss of his friend and the guilt and psychological fallout that will come as he reflects upon how avoidable this was. I am crushed by this.

Such a bad year for rising BC stars. First Mark Herzlich, our All-American linebacker and future top 10 pick gets diagnosed with bone cancer, and now this.

Get well soon Charlie.

11. WhitesBhoy

WhitesBhoy Active Member

12. Jensers

Jensers New Member

Seriously? That is the Suv?!? Total madness.

13. FFC24

FFC24 New Member

Holy fuck! I've seen some Ferrari's get torn to shreds like that, but not many suv's.Looks like a big truck decided to go right through the car at 100+.

14. DawgTheDon

DawgTheDon New Member

If you would like to send supportive emails to Charlie, you can do so at charliedavies9@yahoo.com. Stuart Holden gave the email out on Twitter and said someone will print them out and deliver them to Charlie at the hospital.

15. WhitesBhoy

WhitesBhoy Active Member

16. andypalmer

andypalmer Active Member

I'll be there with five friends and family, all with the "9" poster ready for the 9th minute.

17. Lyle

Lyle New Member

What a tragedy. It's awful Ashley Roberta was killed. I'm glad Charlie Davies wasn't killed though.

I've been in a head on collision before and was extremely fortunate to not have been killed. It can happen at any time. Always wear your seat belt.

18. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

19. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

It is.

- - - -- - - - -- - -- -

Robbie on Twitter:
    - - -- - - -- - - - - - - -- - - - -- - - - - - - -
    pf 'la triviata':

When I read a blog, I also tend to read the whole thing incl comments.. especially on a sport blog.
    In that post, Ives confirms what I already think.
    He's, putting it charitably, a doofus.
    We dont need YET ANOTHER video blogger.

If he finds some to highlight from other sources, fine. If his staff makes exclusive to Ives vids.. forget it.
    _ _
    Read down on robbie's twitter.
    aaarghhhhh.

20. Jensers

Jensers New Member

But when I read a blog, I also tend to read the whole thing incl comments.. especially on a sport blog.
    Ives confirms what I already think.
    He's, putting it charitably, a doofus.
    We dont need YET ANOTHER video blogger.

If he finds some to highlight from other sources, fine. If his staff makes exclusive to Ives vids.. forget it.
    /Quote

I have no idea what you are talking about - seriously it seems like you only write half the conversation with the voices in your head and I don't get any of it. (Cue to looped message about how you can't believe you have to spell everything out for all the morons)

Anyway, I have been trying to find some news source that is reporting on his recovery. Does anyone have anything they are following or is it all Twitter?