Celtic SPL Champs?!?!

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by nevzter, May 22, 2008.

1. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

That giant sucking sound is emanating from the blue half of Glasgow.

This should make quite a few folks around here happy.

krhimself, was it the juju of Muku and Gachapin that brought Celtic the title?

Not a good year for "blue" clubs chasing trophies.

2. krhimself

krhimself New Member

:banana: :banana:

The ending was just as remarkable for the Hoops as it was for Fulham, considering they were dead and buried as far as the title race was concerned as recently as a month ago.

And credit does have to go to Mukku and Gachapin as well. The fortunes of both Fulham and Celtic both seemed to turn around when I put their avatars on. Now that both of their seasons have ended happily, they've just become my lucky charms in all things football. :3d smile:

P.S. Rangers could easily go from chasing the quadruple to coming away with a paltry League Cup for all their efforts this season :3d funny: :3d laughing:

3. andypalmer

andypalmer Active Member

Rangers were hurt by being in the only league that DIDN'T want their team to win in Europe. ANY other league would have done more to address their scheduling issues. Celtic only won the title because the Rangers were forced to play 3 games a week at the end.

How far did Celtic get in Europe?

Even with only 2 of the 4 trophies they targetted, this can't be seen as anything less than a very successful year for Rangers. And, unlike Zenit, their team won't get bought away from them over the summer.

4. krhimself

krhimself New Member

To be fair, when the Hoops made their own run to the UEFA Cup final in Seville back in 2003, they weren't afforded any real help by the Scottish FA either.

Gers won't get any sympathy from me as far as that's concerned, even their manager admitted that they blew it at the end.

5. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

Shirley, you must be joking, or trying to wind up those of us you know who have Celtic leanings?

Final 16 of The Champions League, losing to eventual semi-finalist Barcelona. Perhaps you have heard of that competition and club.

And yes, it would be considered a GREAT season for Rankers. But that is the difference. For this season's SPL Champions, not so much.

Overall, your post on this subject was good for a :3d funny:

6. jmh

jmh New Member

Yuck.

7. andypalmer

andypalmer Active Member

FFCinPCB. Given that that original post was a wind up for those of us with Rangers leanings, I felt my reply very in keeping with the spirit of the thread :p :D

Also, Celtic's group D was a lot easier than Rangers group E so the difference in Champions League is hardly that signficant.

8. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Andy you forgot "and don't call me Shirley"

9. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

SoCal, thank you.

10. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

And Celtic will be playing the Mighty Fulham FC in preseason. You heard it here first!

11. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

Holy crap!! (Of the Catholic variety.)

That should be fun to watch! If they play at The Cottage or Parkhead, should be a great atmosphere. But would it be at a neutral site, I wonder. Seems like a perfect match to play in the States.

12. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Speaking of pre-season friendlies, Roy evidently offered Reading a match, just as he did with Brummie. He said he did it to give them a chance to "get even" with us in front of their supporters.

What a man this guy is, huh?