Calling All Music Fans

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by TonyTX42, Mar 6, 2007.

1. TonyTX42

TonyTX42 New Member

Hey folks - I know I'm going to sound like an absolute corporate shill here, but I'm a big proponent of spreading musical love, and I've found a site that has answered my prayers (well... some of them... I'm still waiting for Scarlett Johansson to call me... :lol: )

Anyway, the website is LaLa.com. It's a CD trading site; the basic premise is that you list all of the CDs that you own that you're willing to get rid of, and list all of the CDs that you want. When a CD that you want comes up on someone else's list that they're willing to get rid of, they ship it to you. It costs you $1.00 plus $0.75 per CD you're sent; LaLa provides all of the shipping materials. They have checks in place to prevent people from a) sending burned/copied CDs, b) scratched CDs, and c) the wrong CDs. You can even request that people send the album artwork, should you be so inclined.

It really is a neat way to get a lot of stuff that you don't feel like paying $15-20 for, and to get rid of your old CDs that have been taking up space and that other people want. I highly recommend checking it out, but be careful--if you're anything like me, you'll get a little greedy (my "Want" list is currently around 60 discs long).

Hope you check it out and enjoy it!