Borat - Go See It!!!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by TonyTX42, Nov 6, 2006.

1. TonyTX42

TonyTX42 New Member

Well, I only got to see the first half of the Dynamo's continued march to MLS championship glory (for what that's worth), but it was for a good reason: I went to see "Borat" tonight.
    Man-oh-man, you HAVE to see this movie. It's original, offensive, shocking and absolutely, gut-bustingly hilarious. I have always enjoyed (not loved, but definitely enjoyed) "Da Ali G Show," with the Borat segments being my favorites. I was pretty excited about the movie coming out, though--it looked tremendously funny and delivers on that promise and then some.
    Definitely worth the price of the ticket. Just one of the funniest movies I've seen in years.

Oh, if you're Pentecostal, you might want to steer clear of this movie. I'm just sayin'....

2. Spencer

Spencer Active Member

Agreed, it is hilarious and worthy of all its hype. Go see it!

3. kwdawson

kwdawson New Member

Im going this weekend, I was pissed that it wasn't show in my local theater this weekend.

4. WonsanUnited

WonsanUnited New Member

F**K THE SYSTEM! Here's my long story about how not being 17 sucks. OK, so my friend and I walk to the theater and we have this whole plan. We're going to go get tickets to a movie on the same floor but go see Borat instead. So we check the movies and go down. We get tickets to the Prestige so if we get caught in Borat we can still see a good movie. But here's the rpoblem. The Prestige is not on the same floor as Borat! So we go back to check the movies on the same floor. And there's only one non-R movie playing, A Good Year. So we switch our tickets. Then we're half way up and decide not to do it because the first Borat was sold out and the second was bound to be sold out sooner or later. So we go back down and ask for a refund. But oh no! The person can't do it because it would be too many voids! So we go up to some guy and ask him if he wants to buy the tickets to the movie. He says no, I'm going to see Borat. We tell him we had this whole plan and were going to see but it got screwed up and he had sympathy but he didn't buy them. So we decide to check out what A Good Year is about. Well it's a crappy love story with Russell Crowe. So we try to sell it to one more guy and he's sad because we can't see Boart so I tell my friend let's sneak into the Departed instead and the guy is like that's a good movie. So we go up. THERE IS MAD SECURITY, MORE THAN USUAL! So we have to go to A Good Year. It hasn't started and we really don't want to see it. So my friend goes out to check out the security. I'm wondering where he is becuase he's been gone for like 5 minutes. I see him out there and we sneak into the Departed. And it was a good movie. BUT WE DIDN'T GET TO SEE BORAT!

5. martin

martin New Member

Saw Borat this weekend and it was good. I don't agree with the "funniest movie ever" hype, but it was definitely entertaining. There is something in it to offend just about everybody. We watched it at one of those beer and movie places and I almost spit out my beer at a couple scenes.

6. kwdawson

kwdawson New Member

7. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

So... let me get this straight... those two guys didnt mind if US students looked like stupid, bigotted and parochial drunks as long as their neighbors and family didnt see it?

I see...

8. kwdawson

kwdawson New Member

Their excuse for making racial comments were that the movie producers got them drunk before the scene to loosen them up. The same BS excuse Mel Gibson used.

9. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

I got nothing against 'bigots'*, per se... everybody is, one way or another {which you all may realize later in life}.

But to sue because it came out... and they KNEW it would come out!

I dont believe the crap that people go against their grain when they are drunk.

* NOT the same as racist or sexist, btw!

10. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Right up there with Charles Barkley complaining that he was misquoted ... in his autobiography!

11. kwdawson

kwdawson New Member

I read that movie companies are biding on Sacha Baron Cohen next character Bruno the flamboyant gay Austrian. Good stuff.