Bob Bradley is Class

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by nevzter, Feb 6, 2012.

1. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

Yeah Ghana looked unstoppable and Egypt flat and hesitant. I thought the Pharaohs had pulled themselves together when it was 2-1 but it was not to be. Like everyone else, I cant see them beating Ghana 5-0 in the next leg.

It was more than bad luck in the draw. A team that essentially finished second in their group, should not have been in pot A. Africa needs to change their qualifying format.

2. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

3. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Final game in charge and Egypt beats Ghana 2-1. Not enough, and who knows what will happen next, but a giant standing :clap: for the job he did in crazy circumstances.

4. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

He really got the can? Well, here's hoping he gets a gig managing a club side somewhere. I think he's an excellent manager and coach.

5. Clevelandmo

Yes a big standing ovation to a man truly worthy of admiration. :bow-yellow: :clap:

Africa has a screwy way of determining World Cup Qualifying and as result their five best soccer teams will not be going to Brazil. Egypt paid the price. Bradley did do an amazing job under the circumstances, but in the end, he did not have his players prepared to defend against Ghana at home. Maybe he did all he could and the players couldnt execute, but their defending was abysmal in the first leg.

6. SoCalJoe

I would love for BB to go to a Championship side that has the funds to make a run at the Prem, Not a bad record for Egypt in his WC qualifying matches: 8 games, 7 wins, and 1 loss, all with a nation in total upheaval and a pro league shut down.

7. Clevelandmo

Bob Bradley is now officially out as Egypt coach despite all he did there. http://www.soccerbyives.net/2013/11/rep ... ional.html.

Joe I like the idea of Bob working his way up to the premiership through the lower leagues. I'm sure it's his only hope of managing in a top league in Europe, but the truth is if he got a team promoted, they would probably fire him.

8. astroevan

astroevan Well-Known Member

9. Clevelandmo

The Wednesday job would be awesome - more Owls for me to root for.

10. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

t'would be synergy.

11. SoCalJoe

European leagues are full of managers who are clueless, moronic retreads. God forbid anyone gives a shot to a man who has had a great track record. It looks like BB is willing to get to a bigger league the hard way.

http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/16572 ... am?cc=5901

12. Clevelandmo

Well said Joe.

13. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Good Luck, Bob! For some players, Norway's a dead end. Because Blondes.
    Managers should be different.
    ;)

14. LaxAttack

LaxAttack Well-Known Member

Bob Bradley is expected to be announced Stabæk’s manager tomorrow at a press conference.

15. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Here's hoping they win everything there is.

Class act = Our Bob

16. Clevelandmo

It's official. Congrats Bob. Best of luck. First order of business. Give Stabaek's website an English translation button. Please

17. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

From Grant Wahl's "Plantet Futbol" column on SI:
    Is Bob Bradley going to bring any U.S. players to his new gig at Stabæk in Norway?

Jon-Claud Nix, Corning, N.Y.

I asked Bradley that question, and here’s his reply: “We’ll see about U.S. players. For a player who wants a first step in Europe it could work. Creativity on a small budget will be important.”

By the way, it remains a colossal bummer that Bradley and Egypt drew Ghana in the African qualifying playoffs and weren’t able to make it all the way to Brazil. It’s clear that Bradley had a huge impact on many of his Egyptian players, including Mohamed Elneny of Basel, who doesn’t speak much English but went to the trouble to send Bradley this text recently (unedited):

“Hi mr pop, it’s Mohammed el neny. I just want to tell you that i’m so proud to be under your leadership. You made a great favor for what i achieved. I learned alot from you’r great experience. Unfortunately we lost you and all of egyptians lost a great coach like you. Honestly you are the best coach came to train our national team God bless you sir”

http://soccer.si.com/2014/01/09/mailbag ... nd-more/2/

18. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

sweet!

19. LaxAttack

LaxAttack Well-Known Member

The Fighting Bob Bradleys opened up the Tippeligaen with a 3-0 win over Sogndal. Ex-LA Galaxy midfielder Michael Stephens went the full 90 for Stabæk.

20. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

I hope to see his team in Euro Champions League next season. I usually ignore it and haven't had a team to root for in a long time.