Boa Morte and Malbranque

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by FFC24, Jan 7, 2005.

1. FFC24

FFC24 New Member

There are alot of rumours about Fulhams 2 best midfielders Malbranque and Boa going to another club.One Rumour is about Newcastle getting Boa for 3 mil and Bernard.Now 3 mil for a great midfielder is not enough. Also is Bernard really that much better than Boca?I mean sure Bernard is the better player but, your also giving Newcastle Boa Morte Fulhams best player.Then you got 3 mil. Wow thats just so much money. Then Malbranque.Rumour is about 4.5 mil. 4.5 MIL thats it.Malbranque is at least 6.5 mil. I mean if Fulham had a forward who can finish Malbranque would have the most assists in the Premiership.Will Fulham really sell Boa and Malbranque?

2. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

It is hard to say in all honesty. Unfortunately when the bigger clubs have their eyes on a player from a smaller club like Fulham they get what they want. As a Fulham fan I obviously do not want to see either of these players leave. Malbranque has not been on great form this season, although he did play quite well against Southampton. I do not think your statement about Malbranque leading the league in assists is accurate as his passing has been suspect this season in many games. While he has the potential to lead the league someday in assists, to blame the problem entirely on the strike force is not fair. Malbranque and Boa are good players that are a part of the solution, not a part of the problem. We need to keep them. Whether we will only certain people know.

3. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

RE: Re: Boa Morte and Malbranque

I agree with FFC24, 3 mill for Boa and 4.5 for Steeeeed is SIMPLY NOT ENOUGH MONEY!!

I think that this transfer window is all talk but no action. Every team has been very conservative about 'big spending', except for Chelsea...and how many more players does that team need!

Anyway, I would rather see steeed go than Boa...but thats because Boa is my favorite and if he stays, I will by myself a brand spanking new Home jersey with his name on the back...MARK MY WORDS MY FRIENDS!!

4. AtlantaJohn

AtlantaJohn New Member

Transfers

I am getting very worried, CC making statements like over my dead body his not for sale, are peoples memories that short, they are the same statements we heard last year about our so called best player, and last year we were actaully pushing for a Euro spot, and we lost our goal scorer, this year we are pushing relagtion and once again our best players are targets. We need help all over the field but swopping a midfield creator for another so so left back is not the way to go, lee bowyer would be a better bet, but I still feel we would be on the wrong end of the deal, Bowyer is not an innovative player at all, very one dimensional, we need innovative players who can create goals, and lets not forget Newcastle could be one of the teams who we are battling to stay up, they are only 4 pts clear of us and the way they are playing we could easily pass them, this would be a very bad deal for us, but if CC keeps making the same statements he did last year at this time, it scares me. Anyway you have got to think it will be a done deal soon one way or the other cause if boa plays for us tomorrow he stays, if he does not then he is gone.

5. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

Re: Transfers

I agree this would be a terrible move for Boa Morte to leave. Indeed this is the same stuff we heard last year about Saha leaving. I think Lee Bowyer stinks and is someone not even close to the caliber of player Boa MOrte is. I honestly think Boa MOrte is going nowhere. He will stay with us.

6. cdubbs

cdubbs New Member

I can't see Boa Morte leaving either, certainly management/owners realize he is key to the team's future success.

7. americanmike

With regard to Boa Morte, things aren't looking so good...either that or its a ploy to get some more $$$ out of Fulham...Sky Sports claims Boa is relishing a move to Newcastle...here are some quotes:

I am a Fulham player and I am not authorised to speak about this subject," Boa Morte told A Bola.

"Clearly, though, I would like to play for Newcastle.

"It is a club that is on a different level to Fulham.

"This interest fills me with pride. It is a great club in England."

In an attempt to ward off Newcastle's interest, Fulham have offered Boa Morte a contract to stay at Craven Cottage until 2008.

The former Arsenal winger has not been enamoured by the initial proposal but has not ruled out staying in West London.

He added: "They have presented me with a proposal but the figures offered were not what I was waiting for.

"Still, I am ready to study any offer."

Come on now Boa, stay with us!!!!

8. FFC24

FFC24 New Member

Well Dosent Malbranque want to go to?If Fulham are gonna sell then it should be 6 mil for Boa. And 7.5 mil for Malbranque.Also if Fulham sell then they will probably get some kind of money like this and they should use some of that money to buy Jermaine Pennant.But, Fulham will probably get 3 mil and Bernard and 4 mil for Malbranque.

9. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

This is bad. It looks like he is gonna go. I at least hope Coleman and Al Fayad hold out for more than 2mil. He is worth more than that. Now, I am worried. In the midst of a relegation battle, most teams try to buy players to survive. What do we do? Sell our best ones. I know we are not a massive club, but the sale of Boa Morte would send the wrong message to fans both in England and all around the world. I am hoping for a miracle that Boa stays.

10. FFC24

FFC24 New Member

If Boa Morte does go to Newcastle it should be for money not 3 mil and Bowyer or Bernard.Try and get 6 mil. Bernard isnt that much better than Boca and Bowyer isnt that good of a player.

11. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Unfortunately,just as in Saha's case, management doesnt always have a real choice in whether a player stays or goes.

The deck is stacked in favor of the transfer - unless there's a way to compensate agents when his client stays! PLUS you have to look at what might have happened if Saha was held. Do you REALLY think he would have put out top effort?

So Fulham DID make the best of it with Saha... and they will if they get 5 or more for Boa.

12. cdubbs

cdubbs New Member

What's the lastest news on these players.

13. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

Boa Morte is saying he would like to play for Newcastle. No word on Malbranque as of this morning.
    Thus, it is not looking good for Boa to stay at Fulham.

14. americanmike

I'm 60/40 that he will stay...I really feel this is more of a ploy from his agent to get some more dough out of FFC...

15. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

16. LoveFulham

LoveFulham New Member

GRRR!!!!!! :x

We must get more than ?5m for him!!!! :evil:

I don't to sell him but i f we have to it must be at least ?7.5m, we paid ?5m for him!!!!!!!! :x

17. AtlantaJohn

AtlantaJohn New Member

Transfers

This is a total joke, we heard our manager telling us that these players were not for sale just last Friday, and that this year was totally different from last year. Some points here, if it is true that Boa wants to go to a team that is 4 pts above us, then that surely shows CC as lost touch with his players, because if his players are telling him one thing then doing another that shows he does not have the players respect at all, secondly if the sky sports rumour is true then CC as no idea what management are doing. So here we have a manager who as lost the confidence of his top players, and as no idea what his management is thinking, that to me is a recipe for disaster. Lastly if as it as been suggested that this is all a ploy by the players and management to get more money Etc. then can we as fans ever again believe what CC says on the web site, because if he is indeed part of all this why would he make the same statements as he did last year, which made him look niave and stupid. I believe him to be a top manager in the making, but I really believe this a cross roads for him, becuase if we lose these players now, his credibilty is totally shot, and the only players we will continue to get will be other teams rejects.

18. christopher

christopher New Member

I think that Fulham should sell off Steed. I know it sounds sacrilege, but when Jensen get's fit, he'll do a better job than Steed can. I say get as much as you can for him, and pick up a quality defender. Boa on the other hand, I hope he stays. He's a ture Fulham player, he has a lot of grit, passion and talent.

19. BostonDan

BostonDan New Member

Boa Signs through 2008

Great news this morning with Boa signing contract extension through 2008! That's not only positive for the long-term future but will hopefully provide a psychological boost going into a critical stretch of matches.