Blackburn Rovers vs. FULHAM, December 2nd 2006

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by rogoftherovers, Nov 22, 2006.

1. DCDave

DCDave Member

For me, the reason I'm a Fulham fan is that I visited London with my wife on a business trip of hers in 2003 and her coworker took us to a Fulham game. Even though I didn't see the game at the Cottage (Fulham was groundsharing at Loftus Road at the time), the atmosphere was great. Plus, my #1 sports team, the Detroit Tigers, had just suffered through a season where they had lost more games than any other American League team in history and I needed something to take my mind off of them during the winter. Also, I didn't want to root for a Yankees-like team and the whole Fulham story as an underdog team fighting to establish itself in the Premiership was appealing.

On the upcoming match, I think it's a big one for both clubs. Both have sort of been in the middle-mix the last few years in general. Games with the big teams almost always result in losses, and they win most of the games against the relagation fodder. It's these games against other teams like each other that make or break the season, the difference between a top-10 finish/spot in Europe, and another 13th place finish. I'm going to say 2-1 Fulham, with Fulham getting the first two goals, giving up one late and holding on by their teeth to win against a worthy opponent.

2. GaryBarnettFanClub

GaryBarnettFanClub New Member

RE: Re: RE: Re: Blackburn Rovers vs. FULHAM, December 2nd 20

Hi Roger,

When you finally post your article can you come back and add a link so that we can all have a read. I saw the crappiest punch ever thrown at Ewood park when Danny Cadimatari played for us and b*tch slapped one of your players before being sent off for "a really weak impression of violent conduct".

As to the questions:

1. Beating Everton with a terrible performance (nice).
    2. Losing to Wigan with an even worse performance.
    3. Brown, the midfield has lacked bite since he has been injured.
    4. He is still learning, he is too loyal to Keane, but he keeps going and is perfect for Fulham.
    5. I'm a man, I don't think that far ahead.
    6. The best player I've seen for you is Damien Duff, he ripped us apart consistantly.
    7. My wife says well lose and I'll be in a bad mood, obviously I back us to win with Collins John scoring 2.

GBFC

3. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Just back from my "undisclosed location." Enjoyed this thread and many thanks to Roger of the Rovers for touching base.

I can't believe that none of you said that the low point of the season was losing Jimmy Bullard. I can see fifteen left hands hitting their foreheads.

I've been following Blackburn since you signed Brad Freidel -- and following them closely enough to know that Jemal Johnson was transferred to Wolves.

I'm a big fan of Cookie Coleman; not everyone on the site will tell you that. And I think you've got one of the better young managers yourself. I loved to watch him play as well, and was very glad I never had to play against him!

Best of luck on the 2nd, but leave the winning to us! :banana: :banana: :banana:

Cheers.

4. rumstove

rumstove New Member

Oh balls. Further proof that no one reads my posts (look above). :wink:

To make matters worse I also said McCarthy was due to score a goal. ugh.

I'm going back to my cave now...

5. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

The worst performance of the season by Fulham..and thats hard to say considering I was at the Man Citeh away match and that was bad. No heart or commitment and it has to be said that our away performances are not getting any better.

Cookie tried a diamond formation and it didn't work in the slightest. Plus, our fans are getting sick of the away performances as well considering only 300 of us made the trip!! With Liverpool AWAY next week, its 2 very far away days in a row.

I understand we had to play Wednesday and Saturday but cookie should've played Radz and routledge from the start...

Blackburn were terrible as well and we let in two very soft goals. At the very least it should've been 0-0. As for a player that I'm done with: BOUBA, he was the worst...it pains me to say it.

None the less, Wednesday was still spectacular and its all very FULHAMISH, isn't.

COYW's

6. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

How much can we get for him?

Gooch could play in that postition... no, he wouldnt be as good as Diop, at first, but Gooch is not averse to learning new positions.

Yeah, I know... but I'm entitled to forwarding crazy notions once in a while.

7. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

I think you mean coffin, vampire boy. :wink:

Where have you been anyways? I hope you're not working too hard. :lol:

And shame on you for saying McCarthy was due a goal.

8. rumstove

rumstove New Member

haha yeah coffin. :D

yeah lately i've been a bit too busy to keep up on my late-night posting duties. But I'm back now!

BTW, what the...avatar?

9. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Good to have you back..

And that's Volz doing his Hasselhoff impersonation. :lol: