Better Know a Fulham Fan

Discussion in 'FulhamUSA Introductions and Announcements' started by timmyg, Sep 1, 2008.

1. WhitesBhoy

WhitesBhoy Active Member

Yes, I have been ridiculed for that.
    But on closer inspection, my being raised in Savannah (staunch UGA territory) and Atlanta (territory for both, but lived and played basketball there during the Mark Price, Bruce Dalrymple, Terry Hammond days) somewhat explains it. That, and that I never went to either school. (Although was accepted at UGA and did live in Athens.)

2. fulhamfaninMS

fulhamfaninMS New Member

What a great thread :D

Name: Eric
    Born: St. Louis, MO
    Current Town: Southaven, MS (outside Memphis, TN)
    Fav Movie: way too many to list
    Least Fav Actor: Jude Law
    What's in your IPOD?: Saliva, Metallica, 3 Doors Down, Nickelback, AC/DC, Skillet, Van Halen, ect.....
    If you could be transported to any decade in the 20th Century, including location, where would it be: 60's anywhere in NA or the UK...love the music
    First Concert: Def Leppard 1988
    Favorite drink (can be non-alcoholic): Dr freaking Pepper
    Other Fav teams: St. Louis Cardinals, Blues, Rams (ugh i know) Missouri Tigers, Memphis Grizzlies (i like them cause i work pt for them)
    Fav Cottager: McBride and Demps
    Ideal Pet: My pet moose....actually he is a dog and he is rotty/doby mix and his name is Rocco. No he is not mean and he would love to give you a hug...for real.
    Fav City: my hometown STL
    Been to the Cottage?: No :( but it is my new goal to make it there for a game
    Crabs or Lobster?: Both...but lobster is easier to eat.

3. DCDave

DCDave Member

The guy who runs the gym we go to in DC is from LA and is a USC football/UCLA basketball fan. He's also a Lakers fan, so during the NBA finals my native New England wife bet him on the outcome. He had to walk around all day in a Celtics "We Beat "LA shirt.

4. Martin-in-Nashville

Martin-in-Nashville New Member

Oh man I think I told you I was so upset when Fulham sold Vic I nearly quit football, Nah not really...LOL

Paul Went was another animal I was at the cottage Fulham played QPR Martyn Busby was throu only had the keeper to beat, PW Chased after him hacked him down just outside the box and broke he's leg, I fainted and had to go and sit down I will never forget that night.

Fond memories

5. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Lol Dave, couldn't happen to a nicer bandwagoner.

6. krhimself

krhimself New Member

Basically from the moment Ichiro signed with the M's. I remembered him from my days in Japan where he was already a legendary figure, so I was very excited to see what could do in the Majors. I didn't have a favorite team back then (I couldn't gravitate toward either of the Florida teams) so the Mariners signing him pretty much did it for me.

I actually traveled up to Seattle in 2004 and managed to catch a game against San Diego; we ended up losing, with Jeff freakin Cirillo hitting a home run for the Pads. Still a nice experience though, and the city left a very good impression on me, too. 8)

7. terry1lj

terry1lj New Member

Name: Louis J Terry
    Hometown: Detroit, MI
    College: Wayne County Community College
    Favorite movie: The Big Lebowski
    What's currently on your iPod: A lot of rap
    Least favorite actor: Dane Cook
    First concert: No Doubt/ Green Day 1999 Pontiac, MI
    Favorite drink (can be non-alcoholic): Seagram's 7, neat
    Ideal pet: Doberman
    Favorite city: Detroit
    Least favorite author: Text Book Writers
    Instrument you want to learn: Piano
    Crabs or Lobster: Coney Dogs
    Other Sports Teams: Detroit Tigers/Red Wings/Pistons/ Lions (yes, even the Lions), Michigan State, anyone playing UofM

8. Coog

Coog New Member

Name: John
    Originally from: Bergen County, NJ
    Now: Providence, RI
    College: Fairleigh Dickinson University
    Profession: Financial Analyst
    Movies: The Big Chill; Almost Famous
    Actor/Actress: Jack Nicholson, Peter Sellers, Kate Hudson
    Music: Contemporary jazz
    Musicians - generically: Female vocalists in just about any genre
    Singers/bands: Sade, Stevie Nicks, Najee, Al Jarreau, Fourplay, Streisand, Joe Sample
    Concerts: Jethro Tull, Joni Mitchell, Fleetwood Mac
    Fav instruments: Piano and flute
    Fav city: Manhattan
    Worst part of country: Texas Panhandle
    Fav part of country: Blue Ridge Mtns
    Friendliest people: Mid-westerners
    Most plastic people: Los Angeles
    Slowest waitresses: Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana
    Sports: College soccer and hoops, MLB, EPL, PGA Tour
    Over-rated sport: NFL
    Thugs: NBA
    Best sports atmosphere: Market Square Arena, Indianapolis - NCAA hoops; Boston Garden - Bobby Orr era
    Fav athletes of the past: Berra, Mantle, Ford, Mays, Clemente, Bobby Orr, Tony Lema, Arnold Palmer, Pele, Jim Brown, Gayle Sayers
    Fav atheletes of the present: Jacoby Ellsbury, Anthony Kim, Tim Howard
    Fav food: Pizza from Pintos in Hackensack, NJ
    TV: Sitcoms, closet reality show fan, History Channel, HGTV
    Books: Mysteries
    Fav drink: Mountain Dew :roll:
    Fav season: Fall
    Fav time of day: Late night

9. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

Name: Michael
    Hometown: New York
    Current town: Dorking, England
    College: Sacred Heart University
    Favorite movie: So many...Back to the Future, The Great Outdoors, The Matrix, etc.
    What's currently on your iPod: Shed Seven, Eminem (slim shady LP)
    Least favorite actor: Stephen Baldwin (hardly an actor)
    If you could be transported to any decade in the 20th Century, including location, where would it be: Brooklyn, 1950's
    First concert: Mighty Mighty Bosstones - Sacred Heart University 1998
    Favorite drink (can be non-alcoholic): Mojito
    Ideal pet: Greyhound
    Favorite cities: New York, London, Portland (ME), Baltimore
    Least favorite author: Chuck Palahniuk
    Instrument you want to learn: Piano
    Crabs or Lobster: Lobster

10. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Mikey! Glad to see you've got the greyhound addiction as well. Lovely beasts, aren't they?

11. americanmike

I don't know Don, I've never owned one but it will be my next pet GUARANTEED. And it will be black and white.

12. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Get a retired racer if you can. They'll be better house trained than you! check in with Martin-in-Nashville for words about the breed.

13. Jensers

Jensers New Member

Good to know a little about everyone...

Name: Jens
    Born: Everett, Wa
    Current Town: Royal City, Wa
    Did you/Do you play?: Yes and yes. I am 31 now, but I still play quite a bit. Always interested in playing in tournaments if you need another guy.
    Kids?: Yup - Blake 4 (girl), Trent 2 (boy)
    Fav Movie: Many
    Least Fav Actor: Hmmmmm.... Paul Walker
    What's in your IPOD?: What isnt? Everything from Pavement to Frank. Fancy Footwork - most recent download.
    First Concert: Styx
    Instrument?: Guitar
    Favorite drink (can be non-alcoholic): Ginger Ale
    Other Fav teams: Spurs, Seattle FC
    Fav Cottager: McBride
    Ideal Pet: The ones I have - Great hunting partners! (English Pointer, German Shorthair)
    Fav City: Seattle on a sunny summer day. Anywhere else every other time.
    Been to the Cottage?: No - trying to get there on a teacher exchange program next year.
    Crabs or Lobster?: Steak
    Other Hobbies: I have IH Scouts and VW's I tinker with, Surfing, Fly Fishing, Bird Hunting, Whitewater Kayaking, Snowboarding, Mtn Biking, Playing with my Kids, Enjoying the Lake in the Summer...

How about this:
    Favorite Football Related Website (This one doesnt count): Sky Sports

14. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

Hey, I'm a fan of greyhounds too! The problem is, it will expend a little marital capital with Mrs. SteveM19 becdause they are too bony and angular for her. I would like a rescue/racing dog as well.

Wish me luck!

15. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

She'll just need to spend some time with them. They are the ultimate love beasts. HatterMom was more smitten with ours than me, and that's amazing. Keep on fighting until the fight is done!

16. DCDave

DCDave Member

I agree with Don. We have friends who did the retired-Greyhound bit and the dogs are great. Very well behaved.

17. americanmike

I see I've missed off some questions on my original reply...I'll get on those in a minute.

18. LBNo11

LBNo11 Member

Being a limey...

...I'm not sure if I'm allowed on this thread - in any case I am not a very interesting subject, and my opnions count for little - however, my surname is Holford, and my family coat of arms has on it a ruddy great Greyhound :shock: - no idea why, it certainly does not reflect on me as they are lean and fast - if I move too fast I have to lean to recover.

I know you septics are fascinated in such matters so here is the first link I came to:-

http://www.houseofnames.com/xq/asp.fc/q ... -crest.htm

You may now bow... :banana:

19. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

RE: Being a limey...

sorry, pard. You don't get away that cheaply. Let's see the full list.

Love the greyhound connection, though.

20. JP-STL

JP-STL New Member

RE: Being a limey...

Name: Joe
    Originally from: Ste. Genevieve (small town on the Mississippi River in southern Missouri)
    Now: St. Louis
    College: St. Louis University (alma mater of Brian McBride)
    Profession: Fund raising / Alumni Relations for a Catholic high school
    Movies: Star Wars (original 3), The Godfather, The Big Leboswki, Fargo, Airplane!, Silence of the Lambs.
    Actor: John Goodman (He’s a fat guy from St. Louis, so I feel a special bond)
    Music: Springsteen, Jimmy Buffett, John Prine, Bonnie Rait, John Mellencamp, Alan Jackson, Grateful Dead, Frank Sinatra.
    First concert: REO Speedwagon, in the “Checkerdome” in St. Louis, 1978-ish
    Instrument I’ve always wanted to learn: Banjo. It just seems right that a good ol’ boy who has lived most of his life alongside the Mississippi River ought to play the banjo. I almost bought one in a pawn shop once. My brother--a professional musician--talked me out of it. He said that the definition of a gentleman is a man who knows how to play the banjo and doesn’t.
    Fav cities: I love raising my family here in “The Loo.” But if I were childless and rich, I’d live in New York, San Fran, or London. I also lived in Calgary, Alberta, for two years back in the 1980s. Fell in love with it. If it weren’t for my wife, I’d probably still live there. Big enough to have big-city amenities, but still comfortable for a small-town boy like me. Loved being near the mountains.
    Sports: St. Louis Cardinals, St. Louis Rams. Not much time for following sports with five kids (yes, I have five…we’re a good Catholic family). Most of my sports-watching time is devoted to my kids soccer games.
    If you could be transported to any location and time in the 20th century: New York in the mid-to-late 1950s.
    Food: Ribs and other BBQ. Mexican. I live in a great Italian neighborhood in the heart of the city, so we get good ravioli, salami, breads, cheeses, etc. from our local bakeries deli’s. Also love St. Louis-style pizza, which has a thin, crunchy crust and provelone cheese instead of mozarella. It is either unknown or unloved everywhere but here.
    Fav drink: Good, fresh beer. Love the English-style ales from the local microbrew.
    Crabs or Lobster: lobster. Crabs are good, but a pain in the ass. I don’t like to work so hard for my food.
    Cottage: Nope. But someday. I want to go with my sons, one of whom is a Chelsea fan.