ATL - FFC MatchViewing/MeetUp

Discussion in 'FulhamUSA Introductions and Announcements' started by terrinh73, Aug 14, 2007.

1. terrinh73

terrinh73 Member

RE: Atlanta

Excellent! If everyone shows up who told me they will be there, we should have around 12 people; however, realistically, we should have at least 8. Not bad at all!

See ya there!
    T

@ Jacob- Aubrey says "hi" ;)!

2. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

Sounds like a good showing, and sounds like it will be fun. One of these days.........

Have you come up with a name for your "crew" yet?

3. terrinh73

terrinh73 Member

Nah...I think we may do a little brainstorming after a couple of ciders ;)! We might be inspired by the shocked looks of the Brewhouse patrons when we take over today :D...

4. terrinh73

terrinh73 Member

Salt 2- Ketchup 2....update from Atlanta

Not a bad group...several people went missing due to illness or other maladies (some I suspect weather related, but no matter).

The TVs at the Brewhouse went out before the half, so Harboard Steve, Chris (PayDayC4) and I, along with HSteve's friend, my husband Patrick, new recruit Bryan and my friend Daz all had to sit and wait for updates. Steve and I began frantically texting and calling our friends overseas (or at least our friends here who had FSC). Steve's friend, I can't remember his name as I am crap with names (Randy?), was able to receive updates on his phone, so we all sat huddled around his cell while Daz reenacted the play-by-play using ketchup to represent Blackburn and salt and creamer to represent our Whites. I have to say that it was the most exciting match of condiment footie I've ever seen! Sad to say, the game never came back on the TV, but we had a blast anyway...damn 80th minute!

Hopefully, next time Harbord Steve is in Atlanta we'll actually get to watch the match.

-Terri :wink:

5. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Salt 2- Ketchup 2....update from Atlanta

hmmmm; maybe it wasn't my DVR after all. Maybe it was FSC! Glad you guys had a pub full to represent.

6. terrinh73

terrinh73 Member

RE: Salt 2- Ketchup 2....update from Atlanta

It was definitely the feed from The Cottage to FSC...the channel was back up after the game had ended. I can't say for sure...but we missed most of the game. Poor Steve was calling every other pub in the area to see if someone else had it available. No dice.

No dice...just condiments and a mobile phone :D

7. martin

martin New Member

Doh! That sucks about the tv. I guess I'm not too upset that I missed out. I was nursing a hangover and bad attitude as a result of the Tech-UGA game. Maybe next time...

8. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Sorry... I watched the whole game on FSC, Time Warner Western OH.
    The guys in ChtRm will testify.

I dont know where SOME cable feeds come from but mine never stopped.

IT was out on Dish, Direct and some other cable feeds

Interesting though... They didnt all seem to drop at the same time.

9. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

Huh, I was thinking like Terri. Thought for sure it had to be the feed from the cottage for the same reasons. Or I thought that maybe Ohio, specifically Cleveland, had caused it because we're good at that sort of thing (2003 blackout).

10. BarryP

BarryP New Member

I guess I was fortunate that I was able to view the whole game on FSC. I was wondering why they had a message at the bottom of the screen stating they were haveing technical difficulties.

11. PaydayC4

PaydayC4 New Member

The Brewhouse at 9:45 AM...someone please save a seat for me. I'm gonna be there just on time. Everton, come get some! COYW!

(good thing people at the Brewhouse don't really care for Chelski or ManU)

12. FulhamSouth

FulhamSouth New Member

I'll try to save a seat or two. I'll be there a little bit before kickoff. I've been there a few times before and have met many of you. I'll be in the Homeland Security / EMA shirt.

COME ON YOU WHITES ! ! !

13. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

Atlanta is known as 'Dirty South" to many in the rap community. If ya'll (yes, I too used-ta live in the A-T-L) are still considering names for your group of Fulham fans that are apparently representin' at the Brewhouse, how about "The Dirty Whites"??

14. terrinh73

terrinh73 Member

I love it!!! I won't be there as I am proctoring the ACT. I will be in the chat room during the game while the kids sweat out the test.

I am wearing my Boca jersey for luck!!!

-Terri of The Dirty Whites :D!

15. terrinh73

terrinh73 Member

Atlanta "Dirty Whites"

Anyone going to the Brewhouse for the Fulham v. Newcastle match? I can stay for the first half, but I have to be at the hash at 2. Anyone care to join me?

I won't be in town the 22nd...meeting the LA Fulhamericans for the Wigan game!

See ya!
    Terri

16. PaydayC4

PaydayC4 New Member

RE: Atlanta "Dirty Whites"

I'll probably be there this Saturday. Last week was harsh to watch with all the Toffee fans cheering. Hopefully, we'll have something to cheer about this week.

17. Jacob

Jacob New Member

I am done with my finals and such. Who all is going to the Brewhouse this weekend? Terri let me know if I should make the long march down!

18. Jacob

Jacob New Member

Re: Atlanta "Dirty Whites"

Lets Do it! I'm FREEE FROM SCHOOOOOL~!~

I'll be there to cheer on the mighty whites and pray LS gets sacked.

19. terrinh73

terrinh73 Member

I will be there, but I will have to leave in time to make it to the hash at 2:00 :(. I am pretty sure Chris (PayDay) will be there, too.

I will also be at the BH Sunday for the Arsenal game. I am overdosing on the footie this weekend :D!

-T

20. Jacob

Jacob New Member

Re: RE: Atlanta "Dirty Whites"

The Arsenal game? Don't tell me it's because you've fallen for our most lovable drunkin Gooner!!!?