Around the Premier League

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by MisterF, Feb 4, 2012.

1. tim

tim Active Member

That's like trying to decide between a root canal and a kick in the b**s. I'll leave it to all of you to decide which is which.

2. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Even with no rooting interest it should be an intense match. All signs point to Citeh, but that's why United will probably sneak out at least a draw.

3. jumpkutz

jumpkutz Well-Known Member

Oh, I'm betting it'll be a few rungs up from intense. The City supporters will want SAF's head on a spit. Hope I get a chance to catch a few minutes of it....

4. jimsig

jimsig Active Member

Roger Bennet (from ESPN) said on Morning Joe today that it's easier to pick out a favriot in the Iraq/Iran war then these two teams.

5. SoCalJoe

Sir Alex, what was that?

He's a legend, an icon, etc, etc... but Alex Ferguson absolutely blew it. The lineup he chose was in a word..gutless. Citeh was the deserving winner in what was not an advertisement for the sport. You know it's bad when the dust up between him and Mancini was one of the highlights of the night. Sir Alex rolled out Park, Scholes, Giggs, and Carrick (not going to put fear into an opponent). Not having Valencia out there was a horrible decision. Scholes was only noticed when he was being abused by a blue shirt or when he was trying to goad Ya Ya Toure into getting his 2nd yellow. Speaking of Toure, the motm for me. Citeh are in the driver's seat, but travel to Newcastle next so they're not home free by any means.

6. tim

tim Active Member

7. MisterF

MisterF New Member

WOW. I used to get riled up about comments like that but now I just feel bad for those people because they don't realize what they are missing out on. Soccer is growing in the States whether they like it or not!

8. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Yeah, I may have been bothered by comments like that when I was a lot younger. Nowadays, I don't even get bothered in the least. Not one original thought has ever entered into those individual's mind. Is there any insult in those comments you haven't heard a dozen times before? :sleeping-boring:

All they are telling the world is, "Hey something is on tv I don't like...I go onto twitter to make nasty jokes instead of going outside and actually play a sport or do something productive with my time."

9. SoCalJoe

Cisse of Newcastle with a goal so redonkulous that it beat out a no hitter for the #1 top play on espn sportscenter last night. His first goal was a thing of beauty, his second might of been the goal of the year. The Undead are all but DEAD in hopes of 4th place, and now will need to beat Bayern in their house to qualify for the CL.

Here's the goal;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Bruu3NP ... re=related

10. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

It's an amazing goal.

11. SoCalJoe

AH OH The Gooners just tied 3-3 at home to Norwich and now Spurs control their own destiny in finishing 3rd. Norwich put in a great display and deserved the result. Whiny Wenger looked beside himself :lol:

12. jumpkutz

This just in....the noisy neighbors are pretty darn good.

13. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

What an amazing end to the season. We were all wishing we had extra televisions and eyes in the chat. I for one am happy City beat out ManU for the title. It's good to have a new champ every so often. I just wish Bolton could have hung on to their lead. I wish Holden and Ream well for whatever is next for them. I imagine Ream to be still with Bolton, not sure what will happen with Holden. Perhaps a newly promoted team will give him a chance to return to the Premier League from his long lay-off. Fingers crossed.

14. jumpkutz

:text-+1: Since they haven't won since I was in 5th grade, I'm happy for City and their supporters, many of whom looked like they were on the verge of a nervous breakdown...makes for great TV, though!

15. LaxAttack

LaxAttack Well-Known Member

Holden came out earlier this week saying he plans on staying at Bolton no matter what happened this weekend.

I am obviously not a City fan, but I about lost it when they scored their last goal. What drama. A perfect example of why I love sports.

I am hoping FOX got some decent ratings this weekend and tries out more games on FX/FSN/Fuel/etc to go along with Fox Soccer and Plus next season.

16. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Yeah, I heard commentators say that during Philadephia/Red Bulls game. We'll see what happens. I've seen a lot of players make similar statements when the team gets demoted; however, the club can't afford the wages of their better players once they go down and end up selling them. :(

17. jimsig

jimsig Active Member

Hoping for the samething. I just can't figure out why they did not have a game on Fox itself today as they did a few times this season. For me Fuel is in on a higher paying tier so I don't get that station and I don't even have an option to get Fox Deportes. I have to figure alot of people are in the same boat as me, so by not swapping one of those to Fox have to figure they gave up quite a bit of viewership. Not sure how the TV deal works, but maybe they could not put a game on Fox to go directly against ESPN2.

18. tim

tim Active Member

I'll try to get some ratings from sources at work. Stay tuned.

19. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFQetq_9-ss[/youtube]

One more time. :lol: