Around the Premier League 2013-14

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by SoCalJoe, Dec 5, 2013.

1. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

"St. Darlington of Nagbe"- I like that. Sorry but I have a soft spot for players like the McBride and Nagbe types who are not just great players but are also first class individuals. I get your comparison though; I was just making a joke. I will give you that Suarez is "better" than Nagbe but not "infinitely" better. Lets see what Nagbe is doing in four years when he is the age Suarez is now.

I agree that Suarez' diving is not as bad as people tend to say. I think he has toned it down a bit from when he first entered the premier league. I'm also more understanding of it now that I have seen a lot of top level youth soccer. Suarez probably grew up always being the best player on the field and was no doubt told over and over again to go down if he is fouled.

2. jumpkutz

jumpkutz Well-Known Member

Citeh win their second trophy in three years and, honestly, I don't begrudge them. Despite the fact that they obviously don't play fair, i.e., the bottomless oil money pockets of Sheikh Mansour, their long suffering fans deserve something for the years of supporting a loser. Besides, nothing lasts forever. Plus, they've had to endure many lean seasons while their cross town rivals were racking up trophy after trophy, becoming the most well known sports franchise on the planet. I wish I could hate them, but I don't. Congratulations to them and, more importantly, to their supporters. After decades of losing, it's nice to see a perennial second fiddle side's ship come in.