ARE YOU REALLY A FAN AND SUPPORTER??

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by WhitesBhoy, Apr 8, 2010.

1. terrinh73

terrinh73 Member

1. I post on Facebook that I will buy beer for my friends if they come to the Brewhouse to watch match. Text friends to make sure they show up...beg, cry, beg some more (need numbers to guarantee sound)

2. I bring my rosary beads that were blessed by Pope John Paul II. I reclaim my Catholicism. I mean, PJPII was a Fulham supporter, right? I brought the same beads to the Brewy for the last few games of the "Great Escape" year...needed them to work their Pope magic again.

3. I get to Brewhouse an hour early to save seats. Asked the bartender if we can have sound on game...told "no" because Liverpool is on at the same time. **Puppy dog eyes** Bartender says that she might be able to get the Liverpool fans in one room, so we can have sound in the other, but no guarantees. Jacob offers two bottles of a "yet-to-be-released" Sweetwater beer to bartender. We get sound. Score!

4. "New-friend-Scott" from Florida shows up...says he went to college with Clint Dempsey. As others trickle in to join us (we had six people total), he continues to be introduced as "New-friend-Scott." When I pass the rosary beads down the bar for everyone to rub, "NFS" initially refuses because he is not Catholic, until we explain the good PJPII mojo...then he concedes. I'm sure using rosary beads just for good match mojo is a venial sin...deal with it later.

5. First goal in twenty seconds...Jacob stands on chair. I scream like a banshee...lose voice. Friends who came just for beer get caught up in the excitement. Phone blows up with texts...one from my friend in Savannah, a Wolfsburg supporter. He laments.

6. Game is intense...the Liverpool fans get in on the action, as their game is a blow out. Missed opportunities and ridiculous saves (thank you, Brede Hangeland!) and watching the clock wind down...by now, I've had a cider and two Mothership Wits and can barely watch the game. Rally scarf covers my head like Lawrence of Arabia...

7. Chris, who is in Las Vegas, texts me to ask for the score. I won't give it to him because I am too afraid to "jinx." He texts back "okay fine, I'll text Jacob." Jacob texts him back "I'm sitting next to Terri..." Chris has to wait until the game is over for the score. Can't mess with a potential jinx-ing.

8. We win...go ballistic...bar buys us a round of shots...Jacob buys a round of Patron...hugs and kisses from Liverpool supporters (!) and then...I give my members' scarf to the Brewhouse. Now we are properly represented...

All in all- a brilliant day!
    Bring on Hamburg!!!!
    -Terri

[​IMG]

2. WhitesBhoy

WhitesBhoy Active Member

FAN-TASTIC!!!!

The Dirty Whites are represented very well, and now there is a FULHAM Headquarters in Hotlanta!

3. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Good enough, Terri.. you get a front page posting

4. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

any chance of appending that photograph to her article? If you can, perhaps some other Fulham sites might pick it up.

Oh, and Mo: thanks for the plug. :D

5. stlouisbrad

stlouisbrad Well-Known Member

Terri, your write-ups are always the best. Most of my pub stories involve me alone at the bar making incoherent mumblings to myself and the odd stranger. Good work.

6. terrinh73

terrinh73 Member

Thanks, guys :)! **blush**

BTW- I was promised a new scarf...Hamburg v. Fulham Europa Semi-Final. Let's see if the guys follow through with their tequila-soaked promises :)!

7. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

That's interesting in itself it you write it from the proper perspective... SO DO IT!!!

Take a note here, guys!

I know good stuff when I see it. Took me about 5 seconds to decide to put that up.
    And you can ask Tom Wille who it was lobbied him to post the Franek article that made us infamous!

If you want Mike to keep this site up, we gotta have content!

But I AINT gonna write for the front page.

If you're writing for your own blog, or you want to share something more than a couple paragraphs.. Put it in the forum like Terri did. If I like it, it goes front. Mike doesnt have time to go through and edit. And if it's just ten people all the time, why even keep an entire site? I'm not gonna beg any of you guys to crosspost stuff.

Remember what we are.. the national media called us a 'Soccer Blog'

So there.. rant over.

8. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Good work, Jim, and well said.