Another Fulham fan from Indy

Discussion in 'FulhamUSA Introductions and Announcements' started by ShearersFolly, Apr 14, 2009.

1. ShearersFolly

ShearersFolly New Member

Hello everyone. Fulham fan in Indianapolis, Indiana.
    I purchased Setanta Sports this past winter and began watching world football for the first time again in many years. I've become a Fulham fan (and a sentimental spot for Newcastle).

I became a Fulham fan by watching them, and found I don't care for any of the top 4 teams in the Premiership. I look forward to corresponding with other fans.

2. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

Welcome!

What odds to you give for Newcastle staying up?

3. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

Hello, ShearersFolly. Glad you joined up.

I'm curious how you get Setanta since there seem to be so many new options for subscribing (ie beyond cable or direct tv)

4. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

Welcome, and whatever you do, don't look at this!.

5. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Steve, I purposely waited until you had a chance to react to his username before I weighed in.

Welcome, pard. We're always glad to welcome new Hoosiers to the site. How did you get hooked on Fulham, and how did you find us?

6. ShearersFolly

ShearersFolly New Member

I subscribe to Setanta through Directv. Don't worry about the Toons link.
    After I started watching the Premiership again this winter I started reading up on the histories of the various teams. I started as a Newcastle fan because I have an ancestor from there back in the early 1600's, but I very recently discovered the moment he had a chance to leave Newcastle for the New World he got out as fast as he could. I became a Fulham fan after discovering they are the oldest team in London, and finding out Chelsea (who I began disliking almost immediately) also is in the Fulham area. And, there's just something about Fulham I can't pinpoint that I like. I dare say I like them better than Newcastle, and if pinpointed to one club, it's definitely Fulham. Castle was kind of a sentimental favorite due to the family connection, but I also have an ancestor from a another team's area, so I follow them also. I'll not go into that here, this other team is in Spain..... My ancestor left Newcastle to get to the New World, and didn't care for Newcastle much, so the connection is just kind of sentimental, and not really heartfelt.
    I would bet on Newcastle getting relegated.

I'm also finding as I watch the league more and learn more about the various clubs and see them, I am changing my opinions about the other clubs. If Newcastle does get relegated, I'll not lose any sleep.
    Consider me primarily a Fulham fan as far as the board goes. In fact, I think I'll ask for a name change to better reflect my Fulham association.

7. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

A few regular posters here have second teams -- this is a friendly board. If it wasn't, I wouldn't be here. There's a Spurs fan, a few Palace fans (the sporting equivalent of the axiom that ugly girls need love too, in this case one with acne, bad breath, Ribery scars, a bad haircut, hammer toes, and flatulence), a suffering Luton fan, there's room for a Newcastle fan.

I have to say though, Great balls of fire I hope they go down. Bad Soap Opera FC wears on every nerve I have. And I HOPE Fulham does it, the next to last game of the season is circled in red on my calendar.

8. ShearersFolly

ShearersFolly New Member

Well, like I said, I'll not lose any sleep if they do. My 2nd favorite team over all isn't in England, and I have them to watch when Fulham's not playing, so I don't really give Newcastle much thought.

9. BarryP

BarryP New Member

Welcome to FUSA from the southwestern corner of the state.

10. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

You kill me, Steve. :3d laughing:

Folks, if you like this sort of writing, click on Steve's signature link to read his blog.

11. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

The sad thing is, with Four grad school classes and my PRAXIS exam coming up, blog writing has fallen down the order of priorities

12. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

somebody wearin' a rubber glove for that exam?

13. FulhamAg

FulhamAg New Member

Welcome (despite the Newcastle thing). I looked at the family aspect as well and have been saddled with following Shrewsbury Town on the side as a result.

14. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

15. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

oops...forgot to welcome you to the site SF

16. MisfitKid

MisfitKid New Member

Cheers SF.
    All are welcome here, even red-headed stepchildren like me! 8)