Another from Ohio.

Discussion in 'FulhamUSA Introductions and Announcements' started by quickdraw, May 18, 2007.

1. quickdraw

quickdraw New Member

Hey everyone!

I finally decided to take the plunge and register here. I've been lurking all season to get news and stories from everyone.

Quick rundown about myself - Grew up in Dayton, OH and became a HUGE McBride fan in 1998 when I saw my first Crew game. Since then I have followed him. I am glad he decided to go to such a fine team as Fulham.

Now I live up in Mansfield, OH. I see a bunch of you are fellow Crew fans. I'd love to meet up with some of you at the games in due time.

Cheers,

-Brandon.

2. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Welcome aboard, QD...

Yeah... it's time for all us Crew fans to come up out'a the hidey holes now we got what looks like a TEAM, again.

Note to those who want LS to 'blow up' Fulham, see above.

3. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

Welcome to the site Brandon!! I can't say I am a fan of the Crew living here in Chicago but I do like Crew Stadium and I am happy to hear you are a Fulham supporter!

4. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

Welcome Brandon...glad to have you. Also, nice work on DeviantArt...we could use some of your skill on FulhamUSA!

5. quickdraw

quickdraw New Member

Agreed. Tough to find good fans here in the states ... of any team. I was just commenting to a co-worker about how being a soccer fan is almost like being in a strange cult.

:twisted:

6. pettyfog

Heh.... I was gonna ask WHICH part of Riverside... riverside proper, or the old Mad River plats.

I see from deviant you are a true weirdo - a genuine riversider no matter how you were infected!

Well, Mansfield's full of weird peepul too.. unfortunately more like Trotwood.
    ;)

7. quickdraw

quickdraw New Member

Page Manor. My folks were stuck at Wright-Patt for eternity. So I can at least claim that Riverside landed on me.

I only reside in Mansfield because I took a full-time job with the Air Guard up here. It scares me on a daily basis. But I feel worse for my fiance who is from Vegas. The culture shock she must go through at times.

8. pettyfog

Could be worse, bub... could be Massillon!

THAT is one scary place... and to some here, I'm a redneck conservative!

Serioulsy, you other guys think 'Ohio' is of a part... NO Freking way!
    - -- - - - - - -- - - -- - - - -
    When I was a kid, I LOVED Page Manor girls! {I went to Fairborn}
    ;)

9. quickdraw

quickdraw New Member

But that is what I love about Ohio. It's as different from one corner to another.

I did a "stint" up at Youngstown State ... and that place scared me. I dared not even cross the street to go to the McDonald's next to the campus. You were likely to get hit up by some beggar, or worse.

My goal in the next couple of years is to definitely end up in Columbus. I am impressed with the way the city has expanded.

10. pettyfog

And that is why I list Columbus; though I live in Enon, far closer to Dayton... {may it some day recover from the effect of strong unions}

11. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Which reminds me of the old NFL joke -- not so funny the last couple of years:

Q: What would be the worst thing about putting an NFL franchise in Dayton?

A: Because then Cincinnati would want one too!

12. pettyfog

That's a CLASSIC, Don... havent seen that one for a long time!

13. pettyfog

Unless you think you just made it up.. in which case; sorry, no you didnt.

On a side note... Reds keep doing what they're doing it wont be long until the freaking Dayton Dragons are going to be outdrawing them.

14. quickdraw

quickdraw New Member

The Reds. Pfft. I would have money on the Dragons should they ever face off against one another.

That'd probably be the closest match the Reds ever see.

15. Team_of_McBrides

Team_of_McBrides New Member

I am new to the site as well, but welcome.

Seems so many Fulham supporters from the states seem to be drawn to the club via McBride. He is top draw mind you, but it is just baffling to me. His style is infecticous and work ethic unrestrained.

So is Ohio the most popular place for Fulham fans in the states then?