Americans Attending Fulham vs. Reading

Discussion in 'FulhamUSA Introductions and Announcements' started by americanmike, Oct 28, 2007.

1. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

Don't tell the Brick that! http://www.viewlondon.co.uk/pubsandbars ... 18902.html

What time?

Say Noon - SHARP! You got that ToM and tell your 'crew' to get a good nights rest.

2. GaryBarnettFanClub

GaryBarnettFanClub New Member

Ah - after some research I see the Green Man is considered to be Putney Heath! Hopefully I will be with you guys around 1ish. COYW.

3. americanmike

In case any of you were worried, just spoke to Josh (jmh) and he is alive and well on London and he says he is taking 3 points home with him to NY.

We'll have a beer for each of you. :)

4. Team_of_McBrides

Team_of_McBrides New Member

Stu, Mike or Whoever may know...

I've had a quick pint at the Bricklayer's Arms before, but can't seem to remember if there was a TV in there to watch matches. Would any of you happen to know?

The reason I ask is the lot coming with me want to watch the Arsenal v. Utd match. It comes on at noon and if it isn't being shown at the Bricklayer's we will head over to the Golden Lion. Thanks for all the help again.

5. americanmike

Come to the Brick first, the game should be on there...if not, then you can run to the GL. The brick as a screen where I've watched rugby and I'm fairly sure they'll have the football...err....soccer on it as well.

6. americanmike

Just remembered there will be yet another American, and this time a Texan, who will be joining us. I'll treat him good Don!

7. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Thanks, pard. Glad you could treat him to three points as well.

Loved hearing you guys shouting yourself hoarse during the match. You're doing it for all of us over here, remember. Looking forward to the photos.

8. GaryBarnettFanClub

GaryBarnettFanClub New Member

I don't know how everyone else got on, but I got to the brick for 1ish had a scout around for Americans in a large posse. Couldn't find anyone, had a couple of pints and made my way to the ground. Had a quick look in the Lion, but since my plan was to listen out for voices as I don't have a Scoobie what anyone looks like, this plan failed, as everyone was busy watching Man U vs Arse. Better luck next time - or maybe the next stage in grooming it to get a photo!

I hope everyone enjoyed the game and glad jmh got a good one.

9. jmh

jmh New Member

Ack - sorry I missed you, GBFC. It took a while to get my friends moving so I wasn't there until between 1:30 and 2:00.

In any case, the magic of the Dempsey shirt works at the Cottage as well as at Nevada Smith's - I wear it and he scores!