Americans Attending Fulham vs. Reading

Discussion in 'FulhamUSA Introductions and Announcements' started by americanmike, Oct 28, 2007.

1. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

Seems for the second home match in a row, there should be a few of us 'yanks' hanging around SW6 support our boys.

With that said, I know Team_of_McBrides should be there (bring your boys as well, they were good fun), Josh will be coming from Brooklyn, Brad (yank living in Putney) is coming and I believe a host of others.

If you are, let us know about it so you can join in the festivities.

2. Team_of_McBrides

Team_of_McBrides New Member

I will be there and so will the friends. They had a great time last time out and are ready for more. This time I will remember to bring the camera.

Golden Lion or Bricklayers?

3. GaryBarnettFanClub

GaryBarnettFanClub New Member

I will be knocking around the Hammy End with my old man.

I would love to meet up if there is interest. Then you can find out if I have been playing the long game and grooming you all.

Who knows - I could really be a 14 year old girl called Charlotte.

4. americanmike

Re: RE: Americans Attending Fulham vs. Reading

I'll put that up for vote ToM.

5. jmh

jmh New Member

RE: Re: RE: Americans Attending Fulham vs. Reading

Yes indeed I will be there, along with my (fellow Yank) friend Jessi who's being kind enough to house me for a week.

In the process of Googling, I've discovered that there are a LOT of pubs called the Bricklayer's Arms! I'm assuming we're talking about the one in Putney? I believe I've heard good things about it, so I certainly wouldn't mind giving it a try.

6. americanmike

Bricklayers in Putney or, for a change, we can go to the Half Moon which is a cool place and I know some guys who used to go to the Brick who now go to the Half Moon.

I'll ask for some suggestions from the locals...either that or we can do some places I know in Hammersmith.

7. americanmike

Right, so I'll give you all a choice of pubs and you can do your research and choose and let fate decide the rest:

Golden Lion (Fulham) http://www.beerintheevening.com/pubs/s/ ... ney_Bridge

Bricklayers Arms (Putney) http://www.beerintheevening.com/pubs/s/ ... rms/Putney

Half Moon (Putney)
    http://www.beerintheevening.com/pubs/s/ ... oon/Putney

The Crabtree (Hammersmith) http://www.beerintheevening.com/pubs/s/ ... ammersmith

The Chancellors (Hammersmith) http://www.beerintheevening.com/pubs/s/ ... ammersmith

The William Morriss (Hammersmith) http://www.beerintheevening.com/pubs/s/ ... ammersmith

8. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

breaking my heart; I gotta stop reading these threads.

9. americanmike

This time, I promise, we'll have a camera to document the day!!!

10. Team_of_McBrides

Team_of_McBrides New Member

I've only been to the Golden Lion and Bricklayer's Arms, so if the venue changes I'll need to know the tube stop. Can't wait for the match. Absolutely buzzing actually. What better way to round out a busy week than a Fulham match at Craven Cottage.

Dare I say, first round is on me.

11. jmh

jmh New Member

Re: RE: Re: RE: Americans Attending Fulham vs. Reading

Me too.

That beerintheevening is an awesome website.

12. americanmike

13. jmh

jmh New Member

LOL. The second review down:

14. americanmike

Haha. The place isn’t the grandest of pubs, but it does have some seriously cheap prices and is where FulhamUSA first met up with many of the locals in Fulham…as you can see in our photo gallery from 2005. Tom will know what I’m talking about.

15. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Looking forward to the photos you guys are going to put up (a not so subtle reminder). Sounds like your group should be 'the party" no matter which pub you choose. Hopefully Charlotte aka GBFC his 'er her Pops, White Witch, and another surprise or two will tag along. May Mother Nature give you guys a great day out, and the lads give you 3 pts to cheer about.

16. GaryBarnettFanClub

OK chaps, has a venue been decided upon? I normally would have a quick half in Wimbledon, or "The Spotted Horse" on Putney High Street. Where are people likely to be and who will be wearing a really silly item of clothing so I can spot you?

17. americanmike

I liked the spotted horse before the refurb!! Anywho, I'll make a decision tomorrow and let you know!

Last chance for you all to make a suggestion.

18. jmh

jmh New Member

I vote for the Bricklayer's Arms, but I'm amenable to whatever; my friend and her other friend (who'll apparently also be joining us) haven't caught the Fulham bug yet, though, so the Golden Lion might be a bit much for them.

Edit: I'll probably be wearing last season's home shirt with Dempsey on the back, but I'm considering a trip to the club shop on Friday so there's a slim chance I'll have something new. Since you'll be looking for a group that includes a number of Americans, you should probably be looking for the people talking about the "soccer game" rather than the "football match". :wink:

19. americanmike

OK, that is job done then:

Meet at Bricklayers and then maybe off to the GL depending on how things go. The Brick will be a good starting point and has some great beers and a nice place to chill. Apub mans pub (and the oldest one in Putney).

COYYW's

20. GaryBarnettFanClub

What time? and I thought the Green Man was older?