Americans attending Fulham/Sunderland at Craven Cottage

Discussion in 'FulhamUSA Introductions and Announcements' started by americanmike, Feb 5, 2008.

1. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

I see Terri and hubby, Clevelandmo and family and two of the boys from NY are attending this match. Anyone else trying to make the match please get in touch.

Anywho, I'm buying a couple of tickets for nmancini and friend and if Terry or Mo need tickets, I'll get them for you as well.

Regarding area's of the ground to sit in here's my summary:

The Hammersmith End: Probably the loudest part of the ground, it has plenty of atmosphere and you will hear lots and lots of singing (mostly from the back). The stand is behind the goal opposite of the Cottage itself. I am a season ticket holder in H5 and if you want some real atmosphere sit at the BACK of H4, H5 or H6. Sublicon (think you know him from the board) had a great time in the back of H5.

The Riverside Stand: The quietest part of the ground. Full of old folks and those who would rather study the game in silence than sing at the top of their lungs...although, there are a few that do sit in this section and sing loud and proud. This stand is to the right of the Hammersmith End.

The Johnny Haynes Stand (Formally the Stevenage rd. Stand): As loud as the Hammersmith at times, there are plenty of loud singing season ticket holders...it is opposite the Riverside stand.

I'm getting two tickets for nmancini for my block H5, so if you want atmosphere I can lump on a few for the rest of you for that game once they go on sale. Also, if you are interested in a prematch pub, Cottage tour, etc. I can recommend.

COYW's

2. TheRock

TheRock New Member

May be in for this one and you know it will be massive... Nice to meet you last weekend Mike and will try and stop in here from time to time. Hope you had a great day out, be well! Cheers.

3. americanmike

Hi Rock, very nice to meet you and Mrs. Rock as well. A great match for everyone to attend.

Keep us updated on your next trip, especially if it's this one.

4. terrinh73

terrinh73 Member

Thanks, Mike! I have some friends I am visiting in London who said they would want to join us at the game. We're going to start looking seriously at plane tickets next week. HarbordSteve should be on board as well. We'll be a formidable presence!!!!

5. nmancini04

nmancini04 New Member

Just booked my plane tickets last week. Very excited. Hope you guys can make it, Terri, Mo, et al!

6. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

Thanks for the info Mike. I will PM you with a couple of questions. I hope the Rock and Terri can all make it; it would be great to have a big FulhamUSA group. Mike, how is the FulhamUSA flag coming. Any chance you will have one by this match.

7. americanmike

No problem Mo, ask away.

If we get enough, I can get a group discount via the club and maybe convince them to let us in one of the coporate bars after the match which they did for me a couple of years ago.

FUSA flag is way off yet, but will aim to have it done for this match Mo.

8. Clevelandmo

tickets for the Sunderland match will be going on sale soon. Who is in?
    I still dont know where to sit. Is anyone interested in sitting around midfield or know if it's even possible to get tickets in that location?

9. terrinh73

terrinh73 Member

Okay...government check is now in the bank, time off has been approved by the administration, and I am in the process of looking into plane tickets. Should be booked by the end of next week!

SO YES!!! I AM IN!!!! Would we be able to sit in the Hammy End :D?

Will have a few friends with me...thinking maybe four. Should have an idea probably before the end of next week as well.

CAN'T WAIT!!!
    Terri

10. Clevelandmo

Re: RE: Americans attending Fulham/Sunderland at Craven Cott

Greaat!!! So glad you're in. I cant wait either. My husband actually bought a Fulham jacket on ebay so that our whole family can be properly atired. I plan to sport my black FUSA shirt and a Fulham scarf.

If you want to sit in the Hammy end, please do. That is where AmericanMike is talking about getting tickets. My husband wants to sit midfield so I will have to come up with a lot of good excuses to convince him. I PM'd AmMike about that but havent heard back. Dont blame him really as I imagine sitting in the Hammy end should be reason enough. I would love to sit in the Hammyend with all the FUSA people but if I cant swing it, I hope that we can meet before or after the match for a pint and some pictures.

Good luck with getting some decent fares but more importantly lets pray we get some points between now and April 5th!!!!!!! We want it to mean something

11. americanmike

RE: Re: RE: Americans attending Fulham/Sunderland at Craven

Hi guys,

I can get seats anywhere you like although Mo, I cannot guarantee midfield, as you can imagine, there are plenty of season ticket holders who already occupy this area in the JH stand. Let me know how many you have and I'll see how close I can get.

Terri, if you sit Hammersmith end I'll put you in H5 around where I am as I'm sure you and your friends will enjoy the atmosphere.

Sorry for not answering my Pm's right away Mo, between work and the daily FUSA requests I don't tend to get through them all right away. But to asnwer your other questions, kids are perfectly fine in any of the stands including Hammersmith End. Also, kids are welcome in the Golden Lion and there will be plenty other kids there, but with funny accents. It has a large beer garden for when it gets crowded.

Hope that helps and if you need anything else just shout.

12. Clevelandmo

Mike, dont apologize. We are already indebted to you. Anyway, we would be very interested in the JH stand (Sections d - g; upper or lower) or the Hammy end H5. We have four, two adults and two children (the offal has lower ticket prices for children). Anything you can do about finding us good tickets is very much appreciated.

Terri, my husband was checking air fares and they've gone down about $100 since we bought our tickets - bad for us, but good for you.

13. nmancini04

nmancini04 New Member

Sounds like we're really going to have a great group for the match. T-minus 35 days until my flight.

14. Clevelandmo

Is there anyone going who does not plan to sit in the Hammy End?

15. americanmike

Hi guys,

Tickets are now on sale for this match and I want to get them by next week. Can you let me know how many you each need, what stand and I'll see what I can do.

You can paypal me with payment or we can make another arrangement.

Nick, I got your email so we should be good to go...

16. Clevelandmo

Mike, we would like to go for good seats in the Johnny Haynes stand. I'm assuming that the two sections on either side of midfield (D,E,F,G,DL - GL) are better for viewing the match than Hammersmith. If this is not the case let me know. If it's not possible to get tickets there then we would like to be in the Hammy end with any other FulhamUSA fans. We need 2 adult tickets and 2 junior tickets. We will pay however you prefer. Thanks again for your efforts and advice.

17. nmancini04

nmancini04 New Member

Re: RE: Re: RE: Americans attending Fulham/Sunderland at Cra

Great, thanks Mike! Send me an e-mail when you get a chance to let me know how much I owe you and how we're going to handle ticket exchange, etc.

18. americanmike

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Americans attending Fulham/Sunderland at

Check your PM's! Good news is with-in.

19. jlough

jlough New Member

It is a great place to watch a match. Have fun.

20. terrinh73

terrinh73 Member

Hiya Mike...

Patrick (the hub) will be back in town on Monday. He's off in LA hobnobbing with them movie stars at some awards thingy this Sunday ;)! I'll let you know for sure at some point next week.

So far...looks like eight folks including me. My posse rolls large.

-Terri