AJ out for the season

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by timmyg, Feb 5, 2010.

1. timmyg

timmyg Well-Known Member

Just great.

He'll end this season with just twelve total appearances, and no goals except against Vetra and Perm back in July and August.

Not having a go at him, but considering all the injuries over the two seasons I can't say it was £10.5 million well spent.

2. LOBO

LOBO New Member

If I remember correctly, AJ had a history of injury problems before coming to Fulham.

In my view, he was a risky signing for the price paid.

He did have a solid 08/09 season, but ever since that injury in the Europa league game he hasn't been the same.

Hopefully, he can rehab properly, get fit, and be ready for the start of next season.

Letting Dio go to Celtic seems more and more like a bad idea now....

3. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Hopefully there will be a silver lining to this. Roy said he didn't know the extent of the injury and wouldn't have let Dio leave if he had. Apparently a last minute loan deal for James Beattie fell through. Fingers (and toes) crossed that there are no more injuries to the forwards.

From the 'When one door closes another opens' Dept. The kid Okaka will undoubtedly be given an opportunity without him looking over his shoulder. Hopefully he'll be too busy to be homesick, score a grip of goals, and come summer time he'll want to stay in London.

4. Jensers

Jensers New Member

I would say that he paid for his price tag because he was a big part of the club doing so well last season and getting into Europe. The club has to have picked up 10.5M due to that competition.

As to covering his ongoing wage bill - you are right. Like King and Woodgate at Spurs... Both great players but impossible to keep fit and difficult to justify.

5. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

somebody posted a chart over on FofF rating AJ, BZ, Nevland, and Kamara on goals per minutes played, and AJ was top of the charts. The sad thing is that he really looked in his best form for us before he was almost bisected in the Europa League match.

I don't think you're ever going to see Kamara back, but we've got a couple of promising looking goal poachers in the reserves and I think Roy knows the area code for Thessaloniki.

6. jmh

jmh New Member

*sigh*... gotta feel bad for the guy, it really did seem to have started with that horrible body check he took against Perm.

7. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

Exactly.

8. FulhamAg

FulhamAg New Member

Not to be the callous jerk of the bunch, I wish AJ the best in his recovery, but I am glad it will give Roy an excuse to put Okaka in and stay with him. With AJ available, I just think the temptation to start him would be too strong and we'd pay in both the development of Okaka as well as the chance to endear him to Fulham.

Now if Okaka stinks on ice, I take all of that back.

"Now starting at scapegoat, number twooooooo, Stephen Kelly."

9. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

:lol: Ag, had to pay tribute, because the last 2 lines are great in both quality and humor. I'm going to find a way to put 'stinks on ice' in a conversation on Super Bowl Sunday.

10. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

That's because Okaka is best served "neat."

Get well soon, AJ.

11. LaxAttack

LaxAttack Well-Known Member

I was at that Europa League game where he got hurt so I guess it was my fault.

Sorry guys (and gals).

12. LaxAttack

LaxAttack Well-Known Member