2018 World Cup

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by jumpkutz, Aug 5, 2017.

1. jumpkutz

jumpkutz Well-Known Member

190 days until the big show. Not sure how interested I’m gonna be without our participation. Seeing more and more pub on the stadium in Ekaterinburg with the added seating OUTSIDE the stadium. 31BC4547-9D0D-41C1-BFC6-9CC8A3BFCE1D.jpeg

2. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

3. MicahMan

MicahMan Administrator

I watched my first World Cup match in 1986 - the final between Argentina and Germany. That afternoon my Dad wanted me to help him by hauling away grass clippings as he mowed the lawn. I tried to watch the game while listening to when the lawn mower stopped - a signal that I needed to go get the grass. Unfortunately the game had my full attention and I got in big trouble with a lot of piles of grass waiting for me in the yard. The USA had nothing to do with that World Cup, I simply wanted to watch the best soccer around. That won't change for me this year either. Sure I'm disappointed that the USA won't be in it, but part of me is relieved that won't have to worry about being jostled around by AO meatheads while trying to actually follow a match (not all AO's are meatheads, but enough to be irritating). My biggest concern is for Fox, the money they are likely to lose, and the possible negative side-effects for future support for television coverage.