2016-17 Kit

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by MicahMan, Jul 13, 2016.

1. MicahMan

MicahMan Administrator

Here's the teaser for the 2016-17 kit:

I like the home jerseys to be black and white, but it looks like this has a two-tone red stripe. Reminds me of what the Germans used to wear in the 90's.

encorespanish likes this.
  2. Dynamo

Dynamo Member

Looks like it might be a bit like the Chicago Fire away shirt as far as design

3. LaxAttack

LaxAttack Well-Known Member

Since this is one of the new Adidas templates for this year, I am guessing it is like this but with red as the two tones stripe going across.

[​IMG]

Coach K likes this.
  4. Coach K

Coach K Active Member

My girlfriend tried to buy me a 15/16 Home jersey for Baby Jesus' Birthday last year and the bank cancelled the order after suspicious activity on the website. After a few volleys back and forth, I got a new rucksack instead, which in the end, worked out for the best. This new kit looks much better, but what will the sponsor logo look like, with that are you Destin-ed to get flesh eating backteria turquoise water blue? Will we be Visiting Florida again?

Also, why doesn't Khan just use the Jaguars front office to make sure gear is available here in the States? Is that too much to ask?

jumpkutz likes this.
  5. jumpkutz

jumpkutz Well-Known Member

A) Because it makes too much sense, and
    B) The league (one or, more likely, both) won't let him/them, i.e., see A)

6. Coach K

Coach K Active Member

I actually wrote a pointed letter to the club store about the jersey and received a reply!

She assured me "we send a number of packages to the US and worldwide on a daily basis..." But that's not really the point is it? I mean, its not like the kit is made in West London. So why don't we have a Fulham USA store? Or at least our own online store with prices and shipping in USD.
    The head of branding at Fulham FC is from the U.S. , right? and I was under the assumption Khan bought the teams in hopes of creating connections with the UK for potentially being first in line for NFL London. That's why we had "Visit Florida" on our kit last season, eh? That's what the "Khan wants to buy Tottenham instead" rumor was all about, when the Jaguars played over there last year.
    So where is the branding push? Look, I know we aren't gonna sell a million Luca De la Torre Kits or Scott Parker kits for that matter, but the Dallas Cup, a Summer Tour, a "Sister Club" in the MLS or NPSL, Camps.... I think Fulham would do well to position themselves as a small club in a big "new Soccer market" more globally and while continuing to strengthen its connections to US born players.

Is that to much to ask?

7. jumpkutz

The answer to the last question is no.
    I suspect everyone's focus at the club is, or should be on a) promotion and b) avoiding relegation. But you're right. Whatever happens on the pitch, you gotta keep up with the stuff away from it. Stuff like marketing. And promotion. And the stadium refurb/expansion. And a zillion other things that we probably can not imagine. Their response (who is "she" btw) suggests a disconnect and defensiveness when confronted with legitimate concerns raised by out of country supporters.
    I don't know if the head of branding/marketing director is a Yank or not, but whoever it is needs to get their head out of their arse and realize 'Merica is where the revenue growth is. None of this matters if we get relegated again.

8. MicahMan

MicahMan Administrator

9. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

I actually kinda like it. I think I would prefer a black two-tone band instead of red one though.

10. ChicagoCottager

ChicagoCottager Active Member

All I see on this kit is the red stripe. As a fan of minimalist design, I would have been a big fan of this shirt without any stripe at all.

11. LaxAttack

Don't love it. Don't hate it.

ChicagoCottager likes this.
  12. LaxAttack

A photo of it on an actual player:

[​IMG]

13. jumpkutz

A bunch of photos of it on a bunch of players. The numeral design is kinda funky, but I like the rest of it. Will I buy it? I doubt it. But I like it. fulham 1.JPG fulham 2.JPG fulham 3.JPG fulham 4.JPG fulham 5.JPG fu;lham 6.JPG fulham 7.JPG fu;ham 8.JPG fulham 9.JPG

Last edited: Jul 19, 2016
  14. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

15. astroevan

astroevan Well-Known Member

I like the red numbers. I don't like the sponsor logo. It clashes with the red and makes the chest area seem overly congested for such a simple design.

SoCalJoe likes this.
  16. ChicagoCottager

ChicagoCottager Active Member

Has the away kit come out? I see the awful yellow shirt is the third kit now.

17. jumpkutz

18. Coach K

Coach K Active Member

Woah, at least it will make them easier to see on the radio.

19. Dynamo

Dynamo Member

I love the red kit. Hopefully we'll play as well as we look this year

20. LaxAttack

I always like when Fulham wears red as the secondary kit (and not black) so I like this.

SoCalJoe, jumpkutz and encorespanish like this.