2013-14 FUSA Manager Sacking Pool

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by SoCalJoe, Aug 17, 2013.

1. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Combination of a lot of things: ancient and mediocre back 4, a goalie that wasn't as good as the one he had at Everton, a player in Fellaini that went into the tank, a player like Cleverly that is so overrated it's comical. However, Moyes didn't heed this rule: NEVER be the one that follows a legend. Be the one that follows the one that replaces a legend.

From a selfish standpoint the fact ManUre has home matches against Norwich and Sunderland should help Fulham fans.

2. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Umm, I'm not sure those home games for Man U are gimmies. It would not shock me at all if those are humiliating defeats the way their season has gone.

3. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

I totally agree Heather, they aren't gimmes, but with the pressure gone on whether he stays or goes, ManUre have a better chance of winning than if he was still there and looking like he was aging by the second.

4. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

And United proves itself as stupid as other franchises. And I prove myself as fallible as ever.

5. AggieMatt

AggieMatt Well-Known Member

At least part of your logic was sound. Once it came out they only had to pay in a 12 month severance, it looked like just a matter of time. Like I said before, I question Moyes as a fit for a massive club, but then he didn't get enough time to say that conclusively.

Saw a headline saying that SAF will be involved again in selecting a replacement. After Moyes, I'll be surprised if that's true.

6. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

In Moyes' statement about his sacking he thanked everyone but the players. Methinks he lost the locker room, and it is easier to fire Moyes than twenty or so players. Rooney, with yet another sweet contract extension deal, was likely the only one on that team that was happy. It will be interesting to see how the next manager handles Rooney. Maybe Giggs can get that situation sorted out before they hire someone.

7. jimsig

jimsig Active Member

I agree with you Mo that he lost the locker room. I think he lost it when he replaced all of SAF's men with his own. However, the players are professionals and should not have given up. That team had the talent to win in spite of their feeling for Moyes.

8. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

I know it's a big club that will now assuredly think it requires a big manager post - Moyes, but, it's not so crazy in my mind to let Giggs take the job permanently. I know the criticisms of no prior managerial experience but he's been at the club since dirt and knows all of the ins and outs. See how things go, if he flops he flops, if he puts on a good show, well, questions may have to be asked about his future appointment.

I haven't been drinking, so should I be critiqued for being a lunatic, I have no respectable excuse.

9. jumpkutz

jumpkutz Well-Known Member

10. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

11. AggieMatt

AggieMatt Well-Known Member

12. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Some Baggie supporting Facebook acquaintances have been saying this would happen. Mel wants to revamp the squad and inject some fairly costly talent, and the owner wants to cut expenditure. They're expecting to be relegated next May.

13. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Well, there's no better way to ensure that than cut expenses and morale. :lol:

14. jumpkutz

jumpkutz Well-Known Member

MORALE is important? Get OUT!