2012-13 Manager sacking predictions

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by dcheather, Aug 18, 2012.

1. AggieMatt

AggieMatt Well-Known Member

Normally I find the way English clubs deal with the manager business to be borderline insane, but this is one case where I don't fault them for a last minute dismissal. It's desperate for sure, but by all appearances O'Neill had lost the team and the fanbase. They do have enough talent, if results fall the right way with other clubs, they could escape the drop. Losing Fletcher puts a big dent in those chances though.

2. RDG

RDG Member

With the injuries to Cattermole and Fletcher, I doubt any manager could keep Sunderland securely up (except maybe Sir Woy).

Since DiCanio has a 2+ year contract, will Sunderland's 3rd kit be a brown shirt?

3. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Nice one, Rudy.

You never know, it might be enough to get Pettyfog back interested in football again. :banana-guitar:

4. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

If [when?] Newcastle loses to West Ham this weekend, Pardew will be gone. From top manager to unemployed in 11 months?

5. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Hadn't thought of this, would Ashley fire him w/only two matches remaining if/when they lose to Spam? Ashley signed him to a ridiculous contract extension after last season (7 or 8 years) , so it would be remarkable if he sacked Pardew. Magpies don't get that stoppage time goal v us and he probably would have been the door after the Liverpool debacle.

6. jumpkutz

jumpkutz Well-Known Member

7. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

The fans are finally fed up with watching Stoke City Wrestling Club. The thing is, though, that playing like that is the only thing that got them in the Prem and kept them there. They're my new favorites for relegation -- with us, of course.

8. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Have been out of town and surprised to see this. The reputation of being neanderthals really bothers their fans and I assume the owner. That said it's a results business, and that style is like novocain and works every time. I wonder if the Pig's Head embarrassment was the tipping point in the chairman's mind.

9. jumpkutz

jumpkutz Well-Known Member

10. tim

tim Active Member

11. jimsig

jimsig Active Member