2012-13 Manager sacking predictions

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by dcheather, Aug 18, 2012.

1. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

:clap: Now that Sparky is gone, Rafa has got to be in contention.

2. AggieMatt

AggieMatt Well-Known Member

Did you see the welcome chelsea fans gave Benitez? That was disgraceful! :evil: I seriously question what they hope to accomplish acting like that. Don't like the selection, fine, but what possible good comes from setting such a negative tone?

Our form has gone to crap, but against them, with that crowd, I kinda like our chances this Wednesday.

3. SCFulhamFan

SCFulhamFan Active Member

9 years and 9 managers. Now we haven't done much better, but Mo has done a better job of trying to build a dynasty in a sensible way. For that, I am thankful. Rafa out and boos on the first match. Unreal.

4. SoCalJoe

The London bookies are now taking bets on what will happen first;. Rafa getting sacked or Chelsea scoring :shock:

5. SoCalJoe

Take a look at the grade Hatter has given our manager (I would maybe bump it to a straight D) and Martin Jol's seat might get a little toasty if Jan. is equal to the last 5/6 weeks. Forget about tactics, coaching at this level is all about man managing. Is the squad playing with a sense of urgency? Are they playing hard for 90 minutes?? This is the time where a manager earns his keep, and it's time for MJ to get the train back on the rails.

6. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

Southampton sack Nigel Adkins. Seems very harsh to me. Adkins got them two successive promotions, they are currently 15 th and this is his reward? What he has acheived is just gifted to Pochettino? :roll:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21079956

7. jimsig

jimsig Active Member

Not a sacking I was expecting to see given their recent form.

8. SoCalJoe

Very strange firing in Southampton. The Saints seemed to have found their footing in the league, and one thing that can't be questioned is the effort and energy they brought (hmmm, wish we could say the same thing). Mo, you said it, 2 straight promotions, the team clearly headed in the right direction and this is the reward? There were rumblings early in the season, but to do it now is odd.

9. SoCalJoe

Not sure how to score this one :cool: Rafa saying he's leaving the Undead at the end of the season, who didn't see this one coming? :roll: A good rule of thumb is not to rip your own fans, but since they've despised him from the get go, can't blame him for firing back (pun intended :mrgreen: ).

http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/13573 ... the-season

10. jumpkutz

jumpkutz Well-Known Member

No way he sees out the season. I'm surprised he's still on the training pitch. Abramovich is still a bloody idiot. How many teams would trade spots in the table right now? Beyond head shaking.

11. AggieMatt

Southampton are now 16th and just 3 pts above the drop, so you have to question the wisdom of that move.

Speaking of, Wolves are in 23rd in the Championship and in real jeopardy of falling into League 1 at the moment. Keeping McCarthy may not have saved them from relegation from the Prem last year, but no way would they be in this spot right now.

12. jimsig

jimsig Active Member

If you had March 11th as the date for Reading sacking Brian McDermott you win.

13. jumpkutz

14. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

dumb-ass petulant straight red card -- just when Reading needed him most.

15. AggieMatt

Reading sacked the wrong man. A blind man could see they didn't adequately upgrade the team with enough talent to survive in the Prem. They've had relegation written all over them from the start and it's a testament to McDermott that they spent any time out of the drop zone.

16. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Speaking of McDermott, I wonder how many other gaffers get Manager of the Month and then get fired THE NEXT MONTH. I continue to be stunned.

17. jumpkutz

:text-+1:

Aren't they also owned by a crazy Russian oligarch? (see dog trackers).

18. jumpkutz

19. SoCalJoe

Start flirting with the relegation zone and that TV $$ starts coming into play. Martin O'Neill shown the door at Sunderland.

20. BarryWhite

BarryWhite Well-Known Member

O'Niell's firing comes as little surprise. Sunderland have been dropping like a stone.