2012-13 Home Kit

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by jumpkutz, Jul 3, 2012.

1. dallasbill

dallasbill Member

I can live with that. At least it doesn't make me want to adjust the vertical knob on my television set. For those under 40 who missed that reference, PM me for explanation.

2. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

Not as bad as I expected. Kappa logo isn't on the shoulders, you can hide it with your arms. The pin stripes don't make me think Yankees
    It also looks like the built in bra is gone but I can't tell 4 sure on my phone screen

3. ToviFromSantaBarbara

ToviFromSantaBarbara New Member

I absolutely love it. The pinstripe isnt overbearing at all. LOVE that the stripe is only on the front torso, it's not on the arms or the back at all. Also looks like we've gone back to the black shorts. Kappa silhouette on the sides instead of shoulders is pretty cool, although i didnt mind the shoulders. I'll be picking up one for sure when i go to second home game against West Brom, just got ym tix for the HammyEnd!

4. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

The other kappa/fx pro shirts had too much going on at the top, a lot crammed up near the neckline. Putting the logo on the sides gives a less busy more balanced look. This is kind of a classic look.

5. VegasJustin

VegasJustin New Member

This is a great kit. But I am not buying it. Sorry, but can't support anything with pinstripes and I already know I will get on the bus or be in the store and some idiot will say that they didn't know the Yankees changed their jerseys.

6. LaxAttack

LaxAttack Well-Known Member

Not bad. I was fearful that it was going to be bad, but I can live with this.

7. jumpkutz

jumpkutz Well-Known Member

So can I, but I still won't be pre-ordering one. Too thin and clingy.

8. articbob

articbob Member

I actually think of the Minnesota Twins when I see this kit.

I'm not that thrilled with this kit, but I'll take it over that checkered shite that ManU will be wearing. Maybe the 3rd kit will surprise me, but in a good way, not in a Liverpool WTF is that shite way.

9. SCFulhamFan

SCFulhamFan Active Member

They could have butchered it. This will take some time to digest, but thank goodness we don't look like the Geordies.

10. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Have to agree that it could have been far worse. The oversized Kappa logo semi-hidden helps.

11. MisterF

MisterF New Member

Pretty cool and definitely unique. When I heard stripes, these were the type I was hoping for.

I do wish the stripes were on the back too.

12. MisterF

MisterF New Member

Really like the new color for the keeper

[​IMG]

13. jimsig

jimsig Active Member

Who has the most impact on what the kits look like, the team or Kappa?

14. SCFulhamFan

SCFulhamFan Active Member

My guess would be the team tells Kappa what they want and Kappa gives them a few mock ups of what is possible. Then the club desides.

15. jumpkutz

jumpkutz Well-Known Member

Saw a kid with this year's Dempsey model last evening during Cards-Reds at GAPB. Told him nice shirt. He didn't respond. Must've been my Chris Carpenter t-shirt in the enemy ballpark.

16. dallasbill

dallasbill Member

I don't know if this is the right thread for this but...here goes;
    1) I'm just noticing the Smellsea kits for this year have a lot of silver detail and it got me wondering why more sports don't use "metallic" colors as much as the NFL? Probably half the NFL teams have some sort of bright metallic gold, silver or whatever that color Tampa Bay has on their uniforms. MLB, NHL, NBA, Premier League...not so much. Curious...IJS.

2) What has Barcelona got going on this year. Their home kit looks like their an amateur club called the Quasar's. Their away kit looks like a cheap Sangria that's started to settle. It's bad enough we see them so much but to have to watch all their highlights wearing those uni's...that's just rubbing our nose in it.

3) I'm with most of you...I like the new home whites and I hope to see the close-ups of them running and celebrating near the corner flags early and often. It does make wonder what we're going to do for a third kit since those Hull City kits are being used for away games? Camo? Polka dot?

17. WhitesBhoyMIA

WhitesBhoyMIA New Member

I don't know, pinstripes give me nightmares, being a Braves fan and all.