1. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

Don, why do you dislike AC Milan so? Kaka, MALDINI, Baresi, I have nothing at all against them. Juve and the fuchsia shirt their keeper wears, on the other hand...

Can CCCFC and Juve both lose somehow?

2. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Milan are the worst ref-baiting, bullying, political pressuring, unsportsmanlike crew in the world. With no exaggeration, they are essentially a criminal enterprise that deals in bribery and coercion. Their "ultra" crews are de facto club sponsored fascist political thugs. The fact that they can get point deductions eliminated, bans from Europe rescinded, referees banned, etc. etc. etc. is pretty much down to the fact that their ownership includes Italy's biggest poltical thugs.

Seriously, Steve. For me, rooting for AC Milan would be like rooting for Shining Path, Josef Stalin, or Pol Pot. Google them and see why I'm perpetually pissed at them.

3. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

By no means am I making excuses for them, but what they do is endemic to Italian football -- the whole calciopoli mess was more of an indictment of the Italian authorities to (how to gently say this) remind me why my friends' ancestors left the bureaucratic corrupt Italian justice system. Personally, I take your statement, substitute Juve for AC Milan, and feel the same way about them. Even the small teams are dirty -- read The Miracle of Castel di Sangro. It gets in the way of enjoying Italian football, that I think it's as on the up and up as a WWE title match.

Inter was dirty last year when they won -- remember Empoli, 18th and ready to be relegated, firing their coach before the last game of the year, just as Inter was preparing to gag away the title? That stunk to high heaven too, and some Machiavelli figure in the Italian FA was all over that one.

That said, I can't think of a bad thing to say about Baresi or Maldini. I look at Maldini's appearance record like Cal Ripken's streak and Baresi's like Lou Gehrig's. Both are unimaginable, and who's is longer is irrelevant. Hopefully Kaka will be the same way.

I like loyalty, and guys like those three aren't drinking red and black kool-aid to stay that long -- they're all too smart. If there wasn't a lot going right in their eyes, they all would have moved on. It says something to me that they didn't.

I certainly get what you are saying though.

4. WhitesBhoy

WhitesBhoy Active Member

Gonna go out on a limb and predict the final will be a Ukranian versus German team.

5. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

That is quite a demonstration of prognostication skill, WB - however did you narrow it down to those two countries?

6. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Pyatov, Pyatov, are you Heurelio in disguise? Are you Hurelio in disguise?

What shocking goalkeeping for Donetsk.

Shocking announcing also, but that's pretty much standard for FSC.

7. timmyg

timmyg Well-Known Member

YEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH

8. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

I missed the overtime, but it looked as if justice ruled. The first 90 were entertaining with good attacking football on both sides. Srna was the class of the yard. I'd never seen him play before, but he was brilliant. Frings had a great second half, and the ref had a pretty good match also.

It's fun to watch a match where you have absolutely NO rooting interest. I got some good laughs from FSC's announcer [I can't tell these idiots apart] first saying that the recent success of two Russian clubs was being carried on by Shaktar, which is Ukranian. Of course, intimating that The Ukraine is still part of Russia won't offend anyone. Then, a few minutes later, he referred to a Werder Bremen player as "an East German." Damn, I thought they'd unified.

However, his pronunciation was excellent, and he kept everyone awake by going YEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH anytime anyone got near the penalty area.

Good football advert, though, and a most diverting 90 minutes.

9. timmyg

timmyg Well-Known Member

Wait, seriously? Wow. Thats an official new low.

10. FulhamAg

FulhamAg New Member

I watched it on dvr last night, then saw the classic match package they did from the Boro/Sevilla UEFA Cup Final in '06. Christian Miles did both of them and wow, you're not kidding. He sounds like a wrestling announcer with all of the melodramatic screaming. Entertaining match but a bit of a pain doing it with the remote in hand the whole time so I could mute that spaz.

Ironic that 3 yrs ago, Boro are runners-up in UEFA and Southgate is playing defense (poorly) and now he's the manager and they're Cola League bound.