11/12 NFL Season Thread

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by MisterF, Sep 26, 2011.

1. MisterF

MisterF New Member

Well my Brownies got another win yesterday! If only we hadnt choked against the Bengals we'd be undefeated.

Saw an interesting stat today too. Lions, Bill and Browns are a combined 8-1 so far this season. Craziness!

2. VegasJustin

VegasJustin New Member

If the Bears wouldve went out and got Cutler weapons we might have beaten thr Packers. There is no reason why we couldnt have signed Braylon Edwards and kept Greg Olsen. Angelo is such a horrible GM.

3. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Forget about the NFL talk for a second...the mystery of 24's name is over!!! :shock:

4. VegasJustin

VegasJustin New Member

Yeah I was going to keep my old name, but I figured I would use the same name here that I use mostly everywhere. Plus, I dont use that old email anymore really.

5. MichiganJames

MichiganJames New Member

Doesn't matter what weapons you have when you don't have a line to block for them. Cutler can barely drop back with out getting hit.

6. VegasJustin

VegasJustin New Member

I count the line as part of the weapons. Rodgers has everything to succeed while Cutler has Forte.

7. dtowndough

dtowndough Active Member

I think I'm one of the few fans that wants cutler back in denver

8. MichiganJames

MichiganJames New Member

Either way I am looking forward to the Monday night game in Detroit. Can't wait to see what this d line of ours does to that porous line of theirs. Hopefully some payback for knocking out Stafford last season

9. SoCalJoe

Re: 11/12 NFL Season Thread-RIP AL Davis

First ever NFL game I attended was in the early 70's in Oakland. While his last few years were sometimes punchlines, w/jokes and cracks about his senility, and revolving door coaches, his body of work and what he meant to the sport is unquestioned. This, his last team minus the QB is as talented as any team in the NFL. If the league had a Mt. Rushmore it would be Halas, Lombardi, Rozelle, and Davis. RIP Al, and just win baby.

10. sullytex

sullytex Member

As a Packer fan, tough for me to have much to bitch about right now. However, our bend, don't break / make big plays when absolutely needed makes me nervous. It makes them very vulnerable to a team with a strong D and a competent offense. I could see GB going home in the playoffs or the SB scoring 35 plus points but still going home empty handed. That being said, the D coaching staff seem to come up with mid game adjustments that always seem to do the trick.

I have my tickets to the Oak game at Lambeau on Dec 11th. Can't wait. My bro in law, an Oak fan, will get his first taste of Lambeau. Please be in the teens or singles so I can see him shiver his ass off! GB is still the team to beat but not invincible. We should take care of the Chargers tomorrow. A team in a bit of disarray. GB is not the team you want rolling in to town in that situation.

11. SoCalJoe

Sulley, Rodgers is playing at an other-wordly level, to the point of almost being artistic. The only way it seems he could be slowed down (a little bit) is by a team that can get away with getting pressure with 4 guys and take chances covering the WRs man to man.

Have fun at Lambeau (surely at your bro's expense). Went to AZ and watched the Cards-Steelers a few weeks ago and had a great time.

12. sullytex

sullytex Member

Rodgers is en fungo for sure. I think this will be my 10th trip to the frozen tundra. Being from Houston, I had to learn some hard lessons regarding how to dress for late season games. Need to think about how cruel I want to be regarding transferring lessons learned to my bro in law.

13. MisterF

MisterF New Member

Typical Browns football yesterday. Botched snap on the game winning field goal. Completely different players but somehow they all somehow end up playing the same way.

I hate football season always ending in early November

14. VegasJustin

VegasJustin New Member

Fucking Bullshit, Cutler is likely to be out the season with a broken thumb on his throwing hand. Unbelievable.

First of all I blame the front office for not getting a decent backup in. We are 7-3 and have no shot at the playoffs because that fucking dumbass Angelo has Caleb Hanie as the backup. We are easily better than any team not named the Packers and we are fucked because of this injury. Thanks Angelo.

Finally if Cutler can't play through some pain and come back within a reasonable period then ship his ass out. I am sorry, but if Stafford can play with broken fingers then you can suffer through a broken thumb. I have only had sprained fingers before, but surely then pain isn't so much that you can't do anything on a field. He broke the thumb early in the game and played amazingly well so why can't he play the rest of the way? I don't get it, Kobe plays with fucked up fingers and shit so why can't a star QB do the same?

Typical Bears. We haven't had a good quarterback in decades and both times Cutler starts to look good he gets injured. Absolutely unbelievable.

15. SoCalJoe

Newsflash: The Pack is pretty good :roll: Did agree w/you Justin that the Bears were really rolling, Cutler playing the best ball in his career, and the team w/the best chance in the NFC to knock off the Champs before the thumb. Hanie cost them the game yesterday

AFC; the best team changes every week. Dtowndough; how is the Tebow phenomena going over in Denver? Kid can't throw a lick, but he undeniably has the "it" factor.

Knucklehead of the Week goes to...Ndamakong Suh for finally answering whether or not he is a dirty player (A big YES) w/his stomp of a Packers O-lineman, followed by his laughable press conference denial, Enjoy the suspension. Dishonorable Mention goes to Stevie Johnson of Buffalo who after scoring a TD decided to mock the Plaxico Burress accidental shooting. Hey Stevie, the guy (or an innocent bystander) could of died, and he went to prison over it. Add pretending a Jet crashing in NYC = Moron. Justice did prevail and his lunacy was penalized 15 yards and cost his team 7 points (they lost by 4).

16. MisterF

MisterF New Member

Gotta agree with you on the knuckleheads of the week. Really liked Suh at first but he seems to get dirtier and dirtier each week. It's a shame because he's so talented. Hopefully this is a wakeup call.

Agree with the Stevie Johnson thing as well. Burress has been embarassed enough and guns really aren't something to joke about.

In other news, Drew Brees is single handily winning my fantasy matchup for me this week. Unbelievable performance and it's not even the 4th quarter yet!

17. SoCalJoe

The Saints have put up several bad performances, but they looked great last night (Jimmy Graham sealed my win Mister F), and have a punchers chance if they hook up w/the Pack in the playoffs. They really need to catch the 49ers for the second seed.

18. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Well, this weekend should be easy for my Pats. :lol: *

*err, I hope my jinx streak doesn't continue. :shock:

19. sullytex

sullytex Member

Off to Green Bay this weekend to see the Pack and the Raiders. I thought the Giants would be our toughest test the rest of the way out. The D is still very much suspect. Rodgers is playing on an insane level. Hope he keeps it up. Looking forward to a nice chilly weekend in titletown.

20. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Patriots barely beat the Deadskins today. The secondary is just hanging on by a thread. Thank goodness Grossman seems to manage to get picked at the most inopportune time in a game. :D