£9 million for Crouch

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by Hard_Drinkin'_Lincoln, Jul 7, 2008.

1. Hard_Drinkin'_Lincoln

Hard_Drinkin'_Lincoln New Member

Good bit of business for Pompey. Would've loved to have seen Crouchinho in a Fulham shirt, but apparently Redknapp was the manager he wanted to play for next season.

I've followed Crouch's career since he was at QPR. He's one of those players who will only get better with age. He's added a good passing skill to his game over the years.

I'm glad to see him out of a Liverpool shirt, but at least he was playing for a manager who really didn't know how to use him.

Unfortunately, 'Arry will get the best from him and Defoe will form a quality partnership with Crouch.

Portsmouth have been surprising me with their signings. They are fronted by a billionaire family, but they aren't paying through the nose to sign players who are past their prime or over-rated. They're making good signings at rather intelligent fees. Impressive

2. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

I like Crouch also, but I don't think it's Harry v. Roy as much as it's UEFA Cup v. no UEFA Cup.

I agree that he was wasted at Liverpool. I think Rafa STILL believes that he's only an aerial threat, but the boy is good with both feet and works well with a companion striker. I figured the best shot we had at him would be as a January loan.

3. Bradical

Bradical Member

I am so impressed with what Pompey has done in a short span. Their midfield is talented and deep enough to challenge the Big 4 (if they can get their heads straight), and to now add Crouch up front makes them legit to compete for Europe again. Crouch should score 20-25 goals next season. Muntari is magical.