Zell Miller Quote

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by HatterDon, Oct 11, 2008.

1. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Just got my 2009 Vietnam Veterans of America calendar yesterday. This year they're featuring great photograph of memorials from all of our wars along with quotes from famous and near-famous people.

Here's one from former GA Governor and Senator Zell Miller. I don't see eye to eye with the guy politically, but that's never stopped me from quoting a good line.

From November 2009: "Never in the history of the world has any soldier sacrificed more for the freedom and liberty of total strangers than the American soldier."

Cannot be said better.

2. BarryP

BarryP New Member

I will whole-heartedly agree with this sentiment. One comment made to me from a former Vietnam veteran will remain etched firmly in my memory. It is probably more the moment as a whole rather than just the comment itself and I know I cannot do the moment justice but I will share it anyway.

A client I formerly represented was notified by the IRS that he was selected to be audited. While the thought of being audited is enough to upset most people at least a little he seemed particularly upset by audit notice. I met with him at his office and we began discussing the audit process and what the potential areas of his business returns might be considered at-risk. The meeting itself seemed to calm him a bit but as the meeting was coming to a close his demeanor completely changed and he suddenly began chuckling out loud. I don't think he even realized he was doing it until he looked over at me. When he saw what I am sure was a highly confused look on my face he shrugged his shoulders and said, "What's the worst they can do to me? I survived Vietnam and no matter what happens they can't send me back there."

3. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

It does give you a little perspective.