Worst movies you have ever seen...

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by SteveM19, Feb 26, 2008.

1. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

... opening to closing credits.

Since the best bad movie thread has some legs, I thought I'd ask what are the worst movies you have ever seen in their entirety?

I nominate The Bodyguard, and Waterworld.

Thank you Kevin Costner.

Also, Pearl Harbor really ground me to a halt.

2. IanHux

IanHux New Member

well this isnt a movie............ but i watched an entire episode of gilmore girls with my sister. I almost broke into tears it was horrendous.

3. dtwondough

dtwondough New Member

as far as tv, i would say 7th heaven. Movie - Pearl Harbor, Waterworld, and Titanic were all pretty bad for me. Ishtar too. There are other movies that I wasn't able to make it through, so doesn't qualify for this topic.

4. nmancini04

nmancini04 New Member

MAGNOLIA

5. jmh

jmh New Member

I have a hard time disagreeing with Waterworld. That was freaking awful.

6. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Vanilla Sky (in the theatre no less). 2 hours of my life I'll never get back).

The Matrix sequels (both, the original was so good I had to watch the third, thinking there was no way it could be as bad as the second...DOH).

Don't forget, Costner fans..The Postman (3 HOURS of my life I'll never get back)

7. ja_altieri

ja_altieri New Member

I've got three. Leonard Part 6, Caddyshack II and number one on my list, Rocky V. Any time Bill Cosby talks about not doing drugs I want to be able to ask him how anything but being high explains him agreeing to that movie. Caddyshack II....there is a reason no one had seen Jackie Mason in twenty years. Rocky V.....let's just pretend it never existed.

8. bostoncottage

bostoncottage New Member

Balls of Fury. Christopher Walken should be ashamed. I'm dumber for having seen it.

9. dtwondough

dtwondough New Member

Damn SoCal, i had forgotten all about Vanilla Sky. Add that one to the list. Terrible.

10. EricD

EricD New Member

Showgirls - I think that is one of those trainwreck deals - I have to see what is happening.

11. bostoncottage

bostoncottage New Member

While truly terrible, Showgirls does have its, ummm, redeeming qualities. :twisted:

12. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

I'll bet Joe-Bob Briggs liked it.

13. EricD

EricD New Member

That is what I meant by saying I have to see what is happening in it. It is a trainwreck that I have to watch.

14. bearzfan4lfe

bearzfan4lfe New Member

I am not at all embarassed to say that I thoroughly enjoyed and continue to enjoy Waterworld whenever I come across it on the television...I do not, however, own it on DVD...

My vote for the worst movie of all time is Labyrinth...by far. I was even drunk when I saw it and still left my buddy's house.

Vanilla Sky is God awful though, good call Joe.

15. WVfulhamfan

WVfulhamfan New Member

RE: Re: Worst movies you have ever seen...

Island of Dr. Moreau( the Marlon Brando version), Starship troopers 2(I enjoyed the first one but the second one was awful), and Open Water(terrible)

16. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Surf Nazis Must Die;
    Slaughter Trail [the only western ever made with a male choir providing exposition to move the plot along. Each segment ended with: "You can only hear the sound of the hoofbeats on the ground as the wagon wheels go 'round on Slaughter Trail."].
    Any of the "British Sound" movies of the 1960's and 1970's. They were just a bunch of videos linked together with inane commentary by Jimmy Saville.
    The most recent abortion of Godzilla.
    Any of the Fantastic Four movies.
    And, finally, Titanic. So bad I didn't even want to look at the screen when Kate Winslet took her blouse off.

17. nmancini04

nmancini04 New Member

I've never hated a movie that much...

18. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

Somehow, I was able to get through that scene :wink:

19. bearzfan4lfe

bearzfan4lfe New Member

Titanic is made even worse when your girlfriend says "lets watch Titanic," you agree because your being a nice boyfriend, then all of a sudden after the ship hits the iceburg (why is that so suspenseful? we all know its gonna happen but yet we hope it doesn't) SHE TURNS THE DAMN MOVIE OFF!!!

You ask very nicely, "why did you do that" and she responds by saying "the love story part is over, now it just gets sad"...You get really pissed and let her know, not so nicely, "well that sad part is the only part of the movie that is tolerable...instead I had to sit through 1 1/2 hours of a shitty love story that had no ending...what the f***."

Then she pulls the same damn stunt when you watched the notebook.

So right on Don, Titanic is awful, followed closely by The Notebook

20. EricD

EricD New Member

I have to agree with the Matrix sequels. Most sequels are lame except for The Godfather (I have to watch III again though), Aliens, Evil Dead2, are to name a few.

I was really depressed with the Matrix sequels because I thought the Matrix was great. I finally saw the second one all the way through, and I understand why I fell asleep in the theater.