World Cup Qualifiers

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by BarryWhite, Jul 29, 2021.

1. sacffc

sacffc Active Member

Didn't have a way to watch it and found the halftime score disturbing. Very pleasantly surprised at seeing the final score. And it looks like Antonee Robinson did Fulham proud again.

encorespanish, nevzter and SoCalJoe like this.
  2. BarryWhite

BarryWhite Well-Known Member

PEPI!!!!!!

We have a forward that is goal dangerous!

encorespanish, nevzter and SoCalJoe like this.
  3. BarryWhite

BarryWhite Well-Known Member

Oh yeah, some other guys played too. First watch reactions.

The good:
    • Miles Robinson is officially the best USMNT central defender. Prove me wrong!
    • Aaronson makes this team better. He is talented. Maybe not dripping with it like Pulisic and Reyna but what he does have in him is more bulldog than most bulldogs. That plays well in CONCACAF.
    • I was stunned that Antonee Robinson didn't start. He should have and proved it.
    • Lletget should get to throw balls while I'm sitting in the dunking machine because the squad was far better after he entered the match.
    • Yedlin proved he has a place in this squad. Just don't play him against world class attackers and he can be the second right back. I would prefer to see someone like Reynolds or Araujo make a big leap but the guy to watch out for may just be Joe Scally who is getting big minutes at Gladbach.
    • Berhalter did nail the second half adjustments and subs but in part he was solving a problem of his own making.
    The somewhere in between:
    • Matt Turner had a good save or two but there were also a couple of slightly shaky moments.
    • I really didn't notice Acosta for the good or bad very often in the match but I'm cutting him some slack because everything around him was a mess. The USMNT just seemed to bypass the midfield in the first half so I'll reserve my call on him until I rewatch the match.

The not so good:
    • The starting lineup in general.
    • Sands and Adams shouldn't be played together again in that first half formation. They just got in each others way in the first half.
    • There was not enough attacking talent. As a result Pulisic and Sargent kept running and passing into dead ends. They are the guys that should have settled the squad and encouraged some possession.
    • Brooks just doesn't seem to translate his talent to CONCACAF road matches but I'm going to at least partly fault Berhalter. Brooks is good in possession and the USMNT didn't look like they had been introduced to the word possession in the first half.
    • I have high hopes for Bello but on first viewing it looked like he fell asleep on the Honduras goal. I'm not positive if he did or if he got high and someone should have dropped in to cover the back post.

4. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

@BarryWhite As always, great stuff Barry!!! I thought Bello certainly snoozed on their goal. If you told me the final score at HT, would’ve bet the house Honduras had the 4.

Saved by an 18 year old???? Shout out to the FC Dallas Academy, whomever runs it needs to take a bow. Easily the best Academy in MLS, they just churn out good looking prospects time and again.

PEPI!!!!!!

BarryWhite and nevzter like this.
  5. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator